Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-16-2004, 10:47 PM

Default Where the hell have all the FISH GONE?

Coming from myself (a fish compared to most of the godly players two plus two), Ive noticed that all of the fishy players have either busted out compeltely or become good. UB is by far the hardest site to play on, if theres an allin preflop is AA vs. KK, ive seen players call bets with the nuts, play AA like drawing hands, and every other hands its folded around the BB. On party the NL 25 games used to be rich with fish, now they are like UB ring games (maybe a bit softer). As for the sit n gos, players used to bust out every other hand, now it takes FOREVER to complete one and theres usally 10 players left after the blinds have gone up 3 times.

Lastly, nothing pisses me off more than being beaten by a mouse who calls my bet on the river with quads or the nuts. Theres something about it that infuriates me. Now I am actually pleased when I see someone call my big preflop raise with rags and suck out, it gives me hope that there still are fish around.
Old 03-16-2004, 11:09 PM

Default Re: Where the hell have all the FISH GONE?

[ QUOTE ]
Coming from myself (a fish compared to most of the godly players two plus two), Ive noticed that all of the fishy players have either busted out compeltely or become good. UB is by far the hardest site to play on, if theres an allin preflop is AA vs. KK, ive seen players call bets with the nuts, play AA like drawing hands, and every other hands its folded around the BB. On party the NL 25 games used to be rich with fish, now they are like UB ring games (maybe a bit softer). As for the sit n gos, players used to bust out every other hand, now it takes FOREVER to complete one and theres usally 10 players left after the blinds have gone up 3 times.

Lastly, nothing pisses me off more than being beaten by a mouse who calls my bet on the river with quads or the nuts. Theres something about it that infuriates me. Now I am actually pleased when I see someone call my big preflop raise with rags and suck out, it gives me hope that there still are fish around.

[/ QUOTE ]

i think alot of people quit because of this post

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...rue#Post473894
Old 03-16-2004, 11:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If anyone has an comments or complaints about my opinions just call my cell phone and speak to me personally at 1 - 800- eat my ass. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
Does this offer still apply, or was that a limited time special?
Old 03-17-2004, 08:19 AM

I sure hope you are kidding - there are more fish out there now then there were a month ago. Of course you are playing UB which in my mind is just silly.

hmmmmm play 29% flops when all other sites are between 40% and 65%. I play in 3/6 games with 60% flops and you can't tell me those are the good players.

Perhaps it's your game selection that is the problem.
Old 03-17-2004, 09:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I sure hope you are kidding - there are more fish out there now then there were a month ago. Of course you are playing UB which in my mind is just silly.

hmmmmm play 29% flops when all other sites are between 40% and 65%. I play in 3/6 games with 60% flops and you can't tell me those are the good players.

Perhaps it's your game selection that is the problem.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not kidding per se, I'm mocking. Did you bother to read the link?

I'll save you time if not, it was GhostBuster's last post, which was an "I'm running bad you all should quit online poker and stick to B&M" post [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 03-17-2004, 10:10 AM

Default I thought you quit

go away.
Old 03-17-2004, 12:55 PM

where do you go to see these stats?

Thanks

-Scott
Old 03-17-2004, 03:07 PM

What about your "Now that I've been 18 for awhile...I'm quitting poker and moving on with my life" post from 1/10? Just curious.