Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-04-2004, 09:18 PM

Default Party didn\' t even proofread the update

Under player search - details is spelled "detials"...I wonder how many more of those are in the upgrade.....Checking spelling does not cost money so it is not being cheap it is being LAZY!!

Orange
Old 03-04-2004, 09:24 PM

Default Re: Party didn\' t even proofread the update

i noticed that too, mine didnt work. I searched for a friend, it said he was at 2 tables, one was full he wasnt there another noone was sitting. I called him and he said he had not been on in an hour. I just checked about 2 hours later it still says he is at those tables and now he isnt online according to my buddy list, the lag is awful tonight too. Way to go Party, what an upgrade. Is this what you spent our extra rake on?
Old 03-05-2004, 09:43 PM

Is this what you spent our extra rake on?

Give them a break. They are just out with a major upgrade. Things do break, more or less, not just for Party, but for everyone doing a major upgrade. No matter how much money you spend, you cannot guarantee success. NASA have way much more to spend than Party rake, and they still manage to screw up big at times.

And no, I don't work for Party, but credit when credit is due, and critique when critique is due.
Old 03-05-2004, 11:27 PM

I love the new table names. "Dasire plus" and "No woman no cry" are currently my favorites.
Old 03-06-2004, 02:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Give them a break. They are just out with a major upgrade. Things do break, more or less, not just for Party, but for everyone doing a major upgrade.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a ridiculous statement. I work as a software quality engineer, and my job is to make sure that my company's software _does_ work before it is shipped out to customers. Yes, there are always minor bugs that are found, almost always dealing with minor functionality or specific customer cases. But there is no way we would ever ship a product with completely non-working basic functionality. As far as I know, no one was knocking down Party's door demanding an upgrade; they should have taken the time to put out a quality product.

If I let stupid bugs that should be caught slip through, my company could likely lose six-figure contracts. Luckily for Party, no one seems to care when they continually mess up.
Old 03-06-2004, 03:13 PM

Ok, I admit, not my finest hour. My real point didn't come through, that people almost seem to believe that Party is doing this on purpose. Downtime cost them a lot of money, so of course they are doing the very best to not screw up.
Old 03-06-2004, 04:50 PM

I have to agree. Party's quality control process (if they even have one) is pathetic. As a programmer myself, I wouldn't dream of letting anything that shoddy get to the testing process. OTOH, I have a hard time quitting, because, in spite of the many fundamental things tha Party does wrong (or maybe in part because of them) Pary seems to have cornered tha market on completely clueless players.

Their last "upgrade" was completely unplayable on my ancient PC. Even scrolling the list in the lobby lagged so badly it was almost impossible to get on a table. If I did manage to get on a table I would often time out due to completely unresponsive software. So I cashed out. I had inteded to cash out completely, but I was still seated at a table that had crashed, or I had killed when the software hung, and ended up leaving about $25 in my account. I used some of the cashout to buy a new PC. I found that Party's software worked (as well, or as badly as it ever worked) on the new PC. In just a few weeks, I've managed to turn the $25 into $1000. I can't seem to win like this on other sites, where a lot of the players seem to at least know that it is sometimes advisable to fold before the river. I wish some site with decent software and customer service would hire away Party's marketing people (who must be doing something right, unlike the rest of the organization). I'd love to tell Party to kiss my ass goodbye, but I can't when their clueless players keep giving me money.