Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-18-2004, 08:26 PM

Location: Wonderful Copenhagen, home of The Feared Danish Mob
Default Kind of a reverse bad beat story

30$ Sng, 2nd level. I have just lost most of my stack to JPs, holding QQ (s*** happens). I have 190 left and I am in the BB with 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
UTG calls and the lavine starts, raise, re-raise, re-re-raise and so on...when it comes to me, the last bet is 480, I just push my last 160 (hey, it makes sense [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img], everybody seems to have big cards, so the small ones ought to come, right? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img])

Anyway, 6 Players see the flop, 5 have called the last bet of 480 and I lurk at the small pot of 1140.

Here comes the flop KQ6 rainbow and the betting begins, bet/raise/reraise... [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] we are 5 left, turn card comes Q, small bet/everybody calls, river A, small bet...
at this point, I head to the kitchen, a nice cold coke before I start looking for the next SNG, right? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
WRONG, 2 minutes later when I come back to my computer, I have been timed out, but I have a stack of 1125 [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
This one I can't figure out, but I love the game [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Take care,
William
Old 02-18-2004, 08:31 PM

Default Re: Kind of a reverse bad beat story

they all must have had A no kicker, thats pretty sweet!!! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 02-18-2004, 08:49 PM

That is just odd. It is nice to be on the 22% end once in a while.
Old 02-18-2004, 09:22 PM

A no kicker?
Old 02-18-2004, 10:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
they all must have had A no kicker, thats pretty sweet!!! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
No, there was an ace on the river. Final board was K-Q-6-Q-A. Probably whoever bet the river was on a total bluff (pocket deuces maybe) and everyone else folded their king.