Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-08-2004, 04:08 PM

Default When you flop top pair from the BB

10/20 UB, loose, fairly aggressive. 7 handed. I have played a couple of orbits and shown just 2 hands, a set of queens and a boat with AKs.

I have JTo in the BB. 4 limpers, i check. Flop comes T92, rainbow. I check? UTG bets, everyone calls, I call?

Turn comes another T. I check? Checked to the button, who bets. I raise? Button 3 bets. I call? I then check and call the river?

Seems the only play I got right was checking preflop. These type of multiway pots without position give me a lot of trouble. Any thoughts?
Old 02-08-2004, 05:43 PM

Default Re: When you flop top pair from the BB

hi your
hand played like you're suffering from internet poker shell-shock. keep on playing on the internet and it will eventually effect your live game play. in live action, the T2o reraiser from UTG won't river your set of tens and you can simply take your chips to the cage and cash-out with no problems.
Old 02-08-2004, 07:18 PM

Location: download an irc client at www.hydrairc.com (freeware not spyware), connect to irc.efnet.net, and join the channel #twoplustwo to chat live with other 2+2 posters

i would bet the flop because the hand is too weak to checkraise (unless it's bet by one of the last players) and there are a lot of painful cards possible on the turn.
Old 02-08-2004, 09:56 PM

jesus christ elysium - can you do us all a favor and not post after you've smoked a bowl or snorted something or whatever it is that you do. I can't believe you actually have 1600+ posts. What a waste of internet bandwidth...
Old 02-08-2004, 11:13 PM

hi sucka
good to hear from you. hopefully you're doing well.
Old 02-09-2004, 10:21 AM

Default Where\'s the action gum?

First: Bet the flop, top two pair is cool, so betting out and make everyone who's drawing or whatever pay.

Turn: Cool check, honestly, that's a very deceptive play. But why the hell do you stop betting after the button threebets? You hold the stonecold nuts, throw as many chips in there as possible.

River: Ok, lets assume, or as it actually happened, that you just called the threebet on the turn. Where is the raise on the river? According to your info, you must still hold the stone..you know what!

Unfortuntely the info you provided is a bit thin. Depending on who else is still in the pot, calling may be wiser to get some extrabets. Did the other players stay until the river, or who did muck?
Old 02-09-2004, 01:33 PM

Location: download an irc client at www.hydrairc.com (freeware not spyware), connect to irc.efnet.net, and join the channel #twoplustwo to chat live with other 2+2 posters
Default Re: Where\'s the action gum?

you misread the post.
Old 02-10-2004, 12:25 AM

I may not be the best player on this site, but I sure as hell can play a hand where I flop top two and then turn a boat.
Old 02-10-2004, 12:28 AM

You played it well. I just hope you had the intention of betting out on the turn when a rag fell.
Old 02-10-2004, 02:15 AM

you're the second person to misread his post. he flopped TOP pair, and turned TRIPS.