Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-10-2004, 04:26 PM

Default I got this message when I logged on to Party Poker

Welcome to PartyPoker.com - The World's Largest Poker Room!

Dear xxxxxxx,

We are sorry you faced a problem at the tables on your previous visit TO PartyPoker.com.

We have returned $317.53 to your account as you could not complete "Multi-Table", the $30.00+$3.00 Texas Holdem tournament, which was cancelled on 10-FEB-04 at 07:17:14 EST.

Thank you for your continuous support of PartyPoker.com. If you have any queries, please write to us at info@PartyPoker.com

This was one of the tournaments affected by the server problems last night. Every one got disconnected about 45 mins. into the tourney. After about 30 mins 1/2 the people were back on and people were dropping out that didn't get reconnected. After 3 hours total time we had just made the money and we get message saying the tournament was canceled due to technical difficulties (after 2 hours of playing just fine). Why it wasn't canceled 2 hours before that is beyond me. I was expecting to get $90 back at the time based on party's usual canceled tourament policy based on prize pool and stack size but I got over $300 was equivalent to making getting the 20th-11th pay out range. My stack size at the time was about 1/2 the average stack so I got alot more money that I expected. I guess it's a good thing but I'd rather the tourney have been cancelled 2 hours before that or not at all.