Two Plus Two Older Archives

Old 02-07-2004, 01:43 PM
n1stunnor n1stunnor is offline
Senior Member

Default Yahoo E-mail Users (OT)

So i got this in my inbox.Anybody else get it or know WTF it is about?

From: "Yahoo*_" <rgtorre@antronomia.com>
To: "xxxx" <xxxx@yahoo.com>
Subject: Your_ _Yahoo`_ ID (xxxx@yahoo.com)
Date: Sat, 07 Feb 2004 15:24:51 -0500

Dear Yahoo* Clients_,

This* e-mai| _inform_ you that your YAHOO! account` (xxxx@yahoo.com)
w1ll be _blocked_ after` 20 DAYS (_as_ after autoomateed reegisttration) 1f You w!ll
N0T _signup_ 0N YAH0O wh!te LIST (to sign up - c|ick Here: http://xxxxxxxxxxxxx)

This_is D0NE beecause _we_ update now Yahoo` not autoomateed reegistered account`s.

qrhlDjjaXkZNPgcLjjwp
Old 02-07-2004, 01:54 PM
Jeffro Jeffro is offline
Senior Member

Default Re: Yahoo E-mail Users (OT)

Saw it my bulk and just deleted it, was probably trying to redirect you to a site to attempt to steal your password.
Old 02-07-2004, 01:58 PM
n1stunnor n1stunnor is offline
Senior Member

That's what i was thinking.Thanks.
Old 02-07-2004, 03:17 PM
Jim Kuhn Jim Kuhn is offline
Senior Member

Location: Midwest, USA

SPAM. I don't think Yahoo would send you an official email from @antronomia.com. Mark it as spam or better yet block that address.
Old 02-07-2004, 11:47 PM
Lazymeatball Lazymeatball is offline
Senior Member

Location: Massachusetts

I also got an email asking me to confirm my debit card number and PIN in similar broken english /haxorz sp33k
Old 02-08-2004, 12:06 AM
JTG51 JTG51 is offline
Senior Member

Location: CT

I think the fact that the mail is from qrhlDjjaXkZNPgcLjjwp and there are so many spelling errors/typos are also pretty good tip offs that the mail isn't really from Yahoo. I doubt Yahoo employs anyone named qrhlDjjaXkZNPgcLjjwp, and they probably have spell checkers. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-08-2004, 02:15 AM
BBill BBill is offline
Senior Member

Location: Maryland

yep, I got that email too but mine said 15 days rather than 20. Of couse I wouldn't sign up but I am curious as to what is at he website they say to go. Have you checked it out ?