Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-31-2004, 04:35 PM

Default Afternoon hands - HAND #1

Empire .50/1.00 - typical table

I'm CO with J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, I raise, button folds, SB folds, BB folds, UTG call, MP1 calls, MP2 calls.

FLOP(9.5 SB): Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Checked to me, I bet, UTG folds, MP1 calls, MP2 raises, I call, MP1 calls. Anyone suspoect the other Q here? Or is it the flush draw?

TURN(7.75 BB): 5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

MP1 checks, MP2 bets, I call, MP1 calls.

RIVER(10.75 BB): Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

MP1 checks, MP2 bets... your action?
Old 01-31-2004, 04:52 PM

Default Re: Afternoon hands - HAND #1

Looks like MP1 is on a flush draw so he's probably going to fold so I think this is a river raise. I generally will not put people on quads.

On a side note I think I'd raise the turn. I doubt he 3 bets a flush draw.
Old 01-31-2004, 05:06 PM

Default RESULTS

I called the river, MP1 folded....

MP2 had Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] for the quads.....

UGH!!! At least I don't really think I lost any more than I had to in this hand. True, I coulda folded to the flop raise, but that woulda been a little too pre-mature, correct? And I'm really glad I didn't raise the river here with the losing boat.
Old 01-31-2004, 05:43 PM

Default Re: RESULTS

The MP2 check-raise on the flop says Queen to me. Maybe I'm too tight, but I'll drop an underpair in a second to a check-raise, especially with a trips possibility.
Old 01-31-2004, 05:53 PM

No way do I drop my JJ to a CR on a 2 flush board.
Old 01-31-2004, 06:08 PM

How often do you see a 4-flush, even nut, check-raise? I'd say very rarely, at least on .50/1. You've got either players who think a 4-flush is strong, and they'll bet, or those who think it's weak, and check-call, or even dump it to agression.

Check-raise for value is a little beyond most microlimit players.
Old 01-31-2004, 06:46 PM

I might 3bet this flop hoping to lose MP1 giving my hand a better chance to hold up... This will also give me info as to MP2's holding...If he just calls i might be in the lead and if he caps i can fold on the turn...Any thoughts on this????
Old 01-31-2004, 07:05 PM

That was my thought, as well, but I couldn't help but make at least the call on the river when the 3rd Q fell.... To tell the truth, I more than expected to be shown a Q here for the quads, but it was one of those "had to see it" hands. From the time he check-raised the flop, I figured the Q was there, but the river card REALLY pushed me to make the crying call.

I know... If I had a read/idea that he held the Q, I shoulda folded earlier, but there IS always the possibility that SOME micro players know what they're doing some of the time, I guess, and he could have been raising for the flush draw here, but highly doubtful....
Old 01-31-2004, 07:12 PM

I'm actually torn on this one, as I've seen quite a few micro players capping the flop with strong flush draws lately, and I really had no good reads on the players in this hand at this point. I figured to call his raise, call the turn to no flush cards/over-cards, and worry about the river when it got there.

The 3-bet prolly DOES make the turn easier to play here, and should have been my play on the flop, no doubt about it.....