Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-27-2004, 01:18 PM

Default Pokertracker question--requesting hands

So I'm finally getting off my ass and I plan on registering pokertracker. I have a question abuot getting my hand histories efficiently and completely into PT. I play primarily on Party and party affiliates and use an aol address for my correspondence with them. Is there a way to automatically request hand histories every 100 hands, or do I need to keep track of this manually. Also, what's the best way to import the hand histories given that I don't use an outlook or eudora, but aol for my email.

Am I going to need to change my email address for this to work?

Thanks,

Bottles
Old 01-27-2004, 01:40 PM

Default Re: Pokertracker question--requesting hands

PokerTracker has a built-in auto-request feature.

Old 01-27-2004, 03:05 PM

I also use my AOL address with Party. When the emails are sent, I open the email, select all, copy into Microsoft Word, then save as plain text file for importing into Pokertracker. Sounds tedious but it really only takes 10-15 seconds for each one.
Old 01-27-2004, 05:25 PM

I don't use the auto-request because I can't look at the data while it's on. I like to check up on my opponents while I'm still sitting with them. I manually request, copy from my Yahoo account, paste into Notepad and go.
Old 01-27-2004, 06:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't use the auto-request because I can't look at the data while it's on. I like to check up on my opponents while I'm still sitting with them. I manually request, copy from my Yahoo account, paste into Notepad and go.

[/ QUOTE ]
I used to do this but as someone here pointed out to me, an easier way is to just right click on the hand history email in Yahoo, choose Save Target As and select text as the file type in the Save As dialog box. I use the date and a number as the file name. For example, 1_27_04#1.txt for the first hand histories requested on January 27th. The next time I request I do the same thing but I select the previous file, change the #1 to #2 (1_27_04#2.txt) and save. It's pretty fast and I don't miss any hands.

I do wish somebody would write a piece of software like AutoReq that I used to use at Paradise which monitors the actual numbers of hands you play and automatically requests histories when you hit 100. Pure genius and it was freeware to boot.
Old 01-27-2004, 06:14 PM

yes....absolutely do NOT copy and paste because it takes much longer.
i have an empire-folder and the files in it are simply labeled hh1, hh2, hh3 etc etc.
i dont need to do anything fancy saving the hands because i'm going to transfer them anyway and they'll all be there.

basically, i am constantly copying over my hh1, hh2, hh3 etc files with my next update.

i dont get the part about the auto-request. i use auto-request all the time, and am always checking my stats and the stats of my opponents at the same time.
perhaps you don't see the part where you can minimize the auto-request window within the p-tracker.
Old 01-28-2004, 06:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]

i dont get the part about the auto-request. i use auto-request all the time, and am always checking my stats and the stats of my opponents at the same time.
perhaps you don't see the part where you can minimize the auto-request window within the p-tracker.

[/ QUOTE ]

Perhaps I've misunderstood or misused pokertracker's autorequest function but my understanding was that you set it to request hand histories after a certain amount of time had passed (e.g. request 100 hands every 10 minutes) and that it did not monitor the actual number of hands played. AutoReg would actually monitor the hands in all the tables you were playing at Paradise and after 100 hands it would automatically request those histories. I'm not sure how you are relating whether the auto-request window in pokertracker is minimized or not to this.
Old 01-28-2004, 08:21 PM

i was responding to this quote -

"I don't use the auto-request because I can't look at the data while it's on."
Old 01-30-2004, 05:17 AM

Ah, I see. I read in threaded mode so it looked to me like you were responding to something I wrote. Nevermind.