Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-18-2004, 07:22 PM

Default GuyOnTilt thinks I am an idiot...

Me and GOT were chatting amongst ourselves, he thinks I miss played what do you think...I have a hard time trusting GOT, as last year, twas' I who introduced him to the game. I can recall many a time when I stuck it to him... [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] The tables have however slightly turned...He went on to bigger, better stakes while I remained at college, left stading in his wake. An objective opinion will be greatly appreciated...

I have no reads here and am Dealt J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] in Mp

Utg limps, 3 folds to me, I raise with JJ, SB calls, BB calls, and UTG calls. (8 small Bets)

FLOP: [5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img],4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img],3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]]

SB checks, BB bets, UTG raises, I three bets, SB folds, BB caps, UTG calls, I calls. (10 Big bets)

TURN: [5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img],4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img],3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

BB checks, UTG bets, Hero folds...BB calls

Here's how the action went after I laid it down.

River[8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img],5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img],4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img],3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

SB checked, BB bet and took it down...

Any comments...???

Was folding on the turn the right play there?
Old 01-18-2004, 07:31 PM

Default Re: GuyOnTilt thinks I am an idiot...

I'm with GOT on this one. No way is it right to fold on the Turn for one bet. Forgive me for casting out the oft repeated phrase "weak-tight".

I'd be more inclined to raise the Turn and fold to a 3-bet than anything else. No way in hell am I folding.

BB's play speaks of a Draw, Flush or Straight.
His bet and cap 3-way mean no more than that. He could have a strong made hand but as soon as he checks the Turn the chances are it's the draw. (If it's the strong made hand he'll almost certainly checkraise here and then you can think about laying it down).

UTG likely has no more than a Mid PP. He correctly tries to raise the flop. And, even more correctly (especially given your play) has no intention of giving the BB a free card for his drawing hand. Again if he 3-bets your Turn raise you can think about laying it down. But no way in hell does his Flop Raise and Turn Bet mean you are beat. He's playing at your "missed big overcards".

No way I lay down a Preflop raised overpair on a raggy board against a probable drawing hand and a likely moderate hand from UTG.
You have an overpair, play it that way.
Old 01-18-2004, 07:33 PM

I would not have folded on the turn.

Old 01-18-2004, 10:13 PM

I don't know whether you're an idiot, but I do think GoT is right about this hand. No way I fold to one bet on the turn. I might call, I would most likely raise.