Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-15-2004, 02:25 AM

Default UB freerolls

I just started playing UB and have 2 questions.

1. In the list of games there's a "type" column on the right. Some games are kill, double, or turbo. What does that mean?

2. I clicked on a freeroll tournament and it said: this tournament is for mighty 1090 players only. What's that?

thanks in advance
Old 01-15-2004, 06:25 AM

Default Re: UB freerolls

kill: if a player wins two pots in a row (or scoops a pot in omaha h/l), the next pot is played for double stakes (so at a 1/2 kill game, the kill hand would be played at 2/4), and the winner of the pot must post a blind equal to a small bet at double stakes ($2 in this example).

double: UB's failed concept game, double-flop hold 'em, where two boards are dealt out and you can use either one to make your best hand. i don't think they even offer this for real money anymore.

turbo: they limit the amount of time you have to act each time it's your turn. i want to say you get 10 seconds instead of 30. again, this is no longer in their real money games.

as for the freerolls, don't play on UB for freerolls. to put it bluntly, their freerolls suck ass for a variety of reasons. for good freerolls, check out smaller sites like the poker club, which need to attract players.