Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-13-2004, 08:55 AM

Default 2 Sour Boards

Empire $0.5/1.

Hand 1
K-K UTG. I raise, MP 3-bets, button calls 3 as does the BB, I cap, all call.

Flop [A-Q-3 rainbow], BB bets. And the play is...?

(My poor kings have had a time of it lately. 6 of the last 8 have seen an ace flop. Any ideas on fixing this annoying problem?)

Hand 2
Red Q-Q UTG+2. UTG limps, I raise, MP, CO, button, BB and UTG call the 2.

Flop [Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]]. Checked to me. I bet, all but the BB call. How lovely.

Turn A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]]. Checked to me again, I bet, MP raises, CO folds, button calls, UTG folds. Man, I struggle with this situation. Immediately giving credit for the flush seems so paranoid but... I wuss and call and pray for the board to pair.

Alas, I'm disappointed. River is 3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. I check/call MP's bet. He shows 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] for the turned flush. Even though I lost the minimum, I know the ends do not justify the means. I think I should have 3-bet the turn. Thoughts?

P.S. It appears it's that time again for my monthly nose-dive. Like clock-work, I hit a horrendous streak of cold cards, missed draws and suckouts it seems like once a month and have a 50 - 100 BB swoon. And when I read what I wrote in Hand 2 about losing the minimum instead of focusing on winning the maximum, I think these streaks put me on reverse tilt. You guys experience anything similar?
Old 01-13-2004, 09:09 AM

Default Re: 2 Sour Boards

[ QUOTE ]
(My poor kings have had a time of it lately. 6 of the last 8 have seen an ace flop. Any ideas on fixing this annoying problem?)

[/ QUOTE ]

I just hope you are folding in the correct situation like the hand described. Surely if the BB does not have the Ace, someone behind you does. Betting into the preflop capper with an Ace on board has to scream top pair.

Hand #2

I see the Ace raising in this situation more often than I see the flush and I usually 3-bet as you have outs if the flush is out there.

[ QUOTE ]
And when I read what I wrote in Hand 2 about losing the minimum instead of focusing on winning the maximum, I think these streaks put me on reverse tilt. You guys experience anything similar?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you mean playing weak-tight...I used to. Once you've built up enough bank roll and get used to the swings, as you re-analyze leaks in your play, you'll be weak-tight no more.

Peace Fes,
JT