Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-10-2004, 01:02 AM

Default clear case of cheating on party?

I'm in a 10+1 right now and player 1(huge) stack slow plays(and I'm talking slow, like on the phone with his idiot partner trying to figure out how to make it work) to make a long story short player 1 calls 2 big bets flop and turn and folds a 550 pot to his pals 5 chip allin. 110 to 1, I went freakin nuts, but that didn't stop big stack from donating half his stack over the next 3 hands.

As I was typing I got finally the floor, they'll "look into it" or FU pal in other words
Old 01-10-2004, 01:18 AM

Default Re: clear case of cheating on party?

That post turned out pretty bad. I was juggling several things and steaming while posting it, but you get the gist. bottom line, i've put in a lot of hours on party over the last few months and never called the floor or sent them an e-mail, even for clear allin abuse. The way this went down I'm 100% certain.

odds of anything getting done about it? and will they e-mail me if they take action?
Old 01-10-2004, 01:24 AM

post the hand history....that might help us out
Old 01-10-2004, 01:24 AM

The problem with 1-table sats is that you get alot of strategy changes within a short period of time AND honestly just bad play. Bad play in cash games rarely hurts anyone else except the player making the play. A record of past plays of the same kind that only benefit that player, or couple of others, is needed to PROVE cheating.

I'm not trying to be contrarian with you, because I know exactly how you feel about THIS hand.

"I went freakin nuts, but that didn't stop big stack from donating half his stack over the next 3 hands."

I'm of the position, in many tournament situations near the money, that chat wars are medium -EV, even if you are correct. If you are incorrect then it can be massively -EV.

MS Sunshine
Old 01-10-2004, 01:36 AM

I undertstand everything you're saying, especialy the chat wars part. Trying to resolve this I went into autofold mode for the most part and got very lucky to grab 3rd. This was early in the game, and didn't really have any bearing on me. The fact that a couple clowns would try such a blatant stunt really pissed me off.

Just to make it clear on the donations, it was the same 2 players hu 3 or 4 hands in a row. They did it the same way every time, decent raise preflop to get it HU, then big stack called bets flop and turn, folded the river until they both had nice stacks.

One other thing, have you ever seen a big chip leader not call a 5chip allin on the river of a 550 chip pot?
Old 01-10-2004, 01:46 AM

A player not calling a $5 all-in is not susppicious when looked at by itself. I have seen the SB fold when the BB was all-in for less. The fact is that on the internet players dont pay attention to some of the things they should.
Im not saying you are wrong at all, but that in itself would not be suspicious to me given what I have seen.
Give me the hand # or tournament # and the players names and I will make sure it is looked into. (email to rzitup@partypoker.com).
Old 01-10-2004, 01:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I have seen the SB fold when the BB was all-in for less.

[/ QUOTE ]

But in these cases isnt it usually almost always the case that the SB has the autofold bottom selected ahead of time? In a heads up situation like the one just mentioned isnt this much much less likely?

regards
cubswin
Old 01-10-2004, 01:56 AM

Default ...and a follow up

im just curious how party tracks instances of collusion and all-in abuse. are cases brought to supports attention logged and periodically audited or is it the case that once an issue has been "resolved" is it just forgotten about?
Old 01-10-2004, 02:02 AM

"Temporary citizen of India"

I believe it is correct that you are an alien in India. I believe that you have been an alien for some time, well except for inside most bars were I truely believe you are a respected citizen.

MS Sunshine
Old 01-10-2004, 02:10 AM

Thanks for your time Michael, and you have mail...