Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-09-2004, 07:45 PM

Default PokerStars is better than PartyPoker

Let me just preface this post by saying that this will be my last post talking about how great pokerstars is, no doubt people are getting tired of it. I've been playing on Pokerstars for a couple weeks now, spending a lot of time each day there, and here are some reasons I think pokerstars is better.

First of all, contrary to what people say about partypoker players being worse than pokerstars players, I have not found this to be true at all.

Second, the graphics are nice, it just takes a little bit of time to get used to.

I've posted those reasons before, but here are some new ones...

I like to see what players are in a given poker room without having to open up the room. On PartyPoker, if you're looking at a list of the poker rooms and you select one of the rooms it takes a long time to see who is in that room, on Pstars it shows the players instantenously. This is very helpful for game selection.

There is a "find player" function so you can find any friends you have on PStars unlike on PP where you have to use that kludgy buddy list with the "invite player" thing which is annoying as hell and not very helpful.

If you like playing shorthanded, on PartyPoker you have to wait for them to open rooms up with no one in it so you can start a shorthnaded game, on PokerStars there are always rooms open so you can always start up a shorthanded game. Although to be honest, there are less players on PStars so depending on when you're playing it might take a little while for players to join.

Most rooms don't allow for all in protection cheating.

You can have more than 3 windows open at once.

Multitable tournaments are structured better, so there is more play, more skill involved. Also, less players in the multitables, it's kind of stupid in my opinion trying to fight your way through a field of 1200 players in a $20 buy in NLHE touranment. Need a lot of luck and time to do that.

There are more than 3 $200 NL tables (as well as $3/$6 tables).

There are less players on PStars and I'd like it if there were more players (that's why I'm advertising for them here), but I haven't had any trouble getting a game I was looking for.

So, give PStars a chance! It is worth the 5 or 10 minutes of work to set it up. And no, PStars did not pay me to write all of this for them.

danny
Old 02-09-2004, 07:49 PM

Default Re: PokerStars is better than PartyPoker

Another thing is the NL structure is better for the good players, with 100BB buy-ins. But if you think the competition isn't tougher there... we disagree.
Old 02-09-2004, 08:00 PM

Default Re: PokerStars is better than PartyPoker

Yeah, the bigger buy in is my favorite part, but I've mentioned it so many times already I didn't bother bringing it up.

What part of the competition is tougher? Do you mean limit players, NL players, both, just high stakes NL players... in other words, do you think that there are certain segments of pokerstars which is tougher or it's overall tougher. So far all I've played is .50 - 1 NL and $1 - $2 NL, maybe it only gets harder at higher stakes? If it does just get harder at higher stakes it would be silly to compare to higher stakes part of PS to PP because PP does not have a coressponding high stakes section.

danny