Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-31-2003, 10:00 AM

Default New Years Resolution

My goal this year in poker is to see if I can take my game to the next level and beat this game for real money.

Background:
I started playing hold’em on March 5, 2001; work was cancelled for the day due to a snowstorm. Had just broke-up with the girlfriend so nothing else to do I grabbed Ken Warren’s book off the shelf, I had picked this up months earlier while looking over the blackjack books at Barnes and Noble. It had a mention of Planet Poker in it and less then an hour later there I am in my boxers playing online poker. Played for 14 straight hours of .25-50, cashed out my $50 deposit and left myself with $30 in my account. Played with this $30 until about August of 2001 where I ran it to about $300 and then in one drunken binge blew it all. Deposited another $150 in Planet blew that in about a month playing 1-2. Then made my final deposit of $100 in Paradise.

Up until the last month, played completely at Paradise parlaying that $100 in to $7000 playing from .50-1 to 3-6 and some 5-10, spent $3,000, and have made $1000 over the past month getting bonuses out of the Party skins, so now I sit with a bankroll right around $5,000.

This coming year goals:

No siphoning my bankroll.

Do a better job of table selection, and staying away from those tougher games.

Play at least 20 hours per week (got a full-time job, 6 classes left to finish my degree and not to mention two wonderful children to raise)

Play 5-10 till bankroll reaches $10,000, dropping back to 3-6 if bankroll hits $3,000.
Play 10-20 till bankroll reaches $15,000, dropping back to 5-10 if bankroll hits $6,000.
Hoping to be a consistent winning player at the 15-30 game by the end of the year.

Good Luck to everyone in the new year.
Old 12-31-2003, 10:53 AM

Default Re: New Years Resolution

Nice post.

Good Luck with the goals, and you can be sure I'll bump this to the top should I notice you are breaking any resolutions.

Lori