Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-16-2003, 02:18 AM

Default set vs. turned 3-flush

Party Poker 1/2 (9 handed)
Hero has 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and is Button

UTG limps, MP2 limps, Hero raises, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls, MP2 calls

Flop(10 SB): A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, MP2 checks, Hero bets, SB folds, BB calls, UTG calls, MP2 calls

Turn(7 BB): 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

BB checks, UTG checks, MP2 bets, Hero calls, BB calls, UTG folds

River(10 BB): 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

BB checks, MP2 bets, Hero calls, BB calls

The bet into me on the turn clearly looks like the flush. Even if I believe it however, at least calling seems clear with 10 outs. Should I raise the turn? Then on the river, I didn't know if this is something I should call down or not. I figured the board should probably be scarier for me to fold a set, but the betting pretty clearly said flush. What do you think?
Old 12-16-2003, 03:47 AM

Default Re: set vs. turned 3-flush

[ QUOTE ]
The bet into me on the turn clearly looks like the flush. Even if I believe it however, at least calling seems clear with 10 outs. Should I raise the turn? Then on the river, I didn't know if this is something I should call down or not. I figured the board should probably be scarier for me to fold a set, but the betting pretty clearly said flush. What do you think?

[/ QUOTE ]
I think you should have raised the turn. He could be semibluffing with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], he could have limped with some trash like 64, A5, or he could have a set of 5:s. You're ahead of all those hands, and as you say, you have 10 outs! Your raise might also push someone with a weaker [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] out, and it's unlikely you'll be raised unless he already has the flush...
Old 12-16-2003, 06:17 AM

Default Re: set vs. turned 3-flush

I don't think it's a mortal sin to call this down once you're bet into, although with the A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] on the board, I'd be tempted to raise the turn for value, since a suited ace is the most popular suited holding and the ace is out. If you are three-bet on the turn, you must of course see the river, and I suppose there will be enough in the pot to make the crying call at that point.