Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-04-2003, 12:50 AM

Default an AKo hand at Pacific

Well I'm still trying my own OIC at pacific, mostly because I need to clear this bonus ($75... they gave me 25 more for some reason), but some because I just want a chance to see how far I can go. Up to 88 after 5 hours. I'm also keeping hardcore records to see if i notice any holes or anything.

Here was one hand that I played that I wasn't sure I played correctly.

I'm sitting in late middle position .5-1. The table is very loose, all players are loose. I picked up A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. 2 limpers and I raise. Button calls, blinds fold and limper calls and last one reraises. I cap (though I may be against a pocket pair, there are 4 players who will most likely follow. +EV?)

Flop comes
6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]k [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

I'm looking at the nut-flush draw in addition to TPTK. I bet out and am raised by button. One limper folds, the preflop reraiser calls. I think for a second and reraise, capped, preflop raiser folds

The cap scares me, maybe he's on a flush already (but I still have a draw to the nuts). turn comes up rags and i check. He bets, I call.

River is rags, but does pair the turncard. I check, he bets, and I'm all set to fold until I remember some advice in the theory of poker. By then the pot was so big (15BB) that if folded and he was bluffing I'd lose a ton of money, so i called.

Results later

Comments?
Old 11-04-2003, 01:26 AM

Default Re: an AKo hand at Pacific

I think you played this hand fine.

Limp raises at .50/1 don't scare me very much, so I think it was fine to cap. I think the flop reraise is a little iffy, but considering the typical competition at Pacific I think I would have done the same. On the river you definitely want to call, not only because the odds are good but also because with the turn card pairing you will now have the best two pair.

Considering how games go at Pacific, I'd guess the button had KJ and the limp raiser had something like a pocket pair of nines.
Old 11-04-2003, 04:28 AM

Default Results

Well, just in case someone was wondering (and just because it got bumped to the 2nd page in like an hour)

Results:

The button who capped the flop and bet out turn and river showed me AQo. Giving him a pair of 2s with Ace kicker. I was surprised and rather happy. =D