Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-28-2003, 05:38 PM

Default Two more for Guido with cameo from Hulk\'s father.

UB 2/4 lobby says 35% but feels looser than that. New poster StanTheMan left about 10 minutes ago. There are several bad players, especially at my end of table. Guy on my left raised UTG TJo and lost a big pot to co with KK. Guy two to my right I've played with before and he's way too aggressive. He will ram and jam with bottom pair against 4 opponents. Guy on my immediate right has limped first in on button 3 times today. He is my main opponent in both these hands.

Hand 1 :

I'm UTG + 1 with Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

UTG calls, I raise, an MP calls, folded to co (including a fold by MP poster) who calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop : A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

checked to me, I bet, and only MP folds

Turn : 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

checked to me, I bet, one call, UTG raises, I reraise, one fold.

River : 2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

check, bet, call

UTG had Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

He types ******* (does UB have code that censors certain phrases?)

I played this much more aggresively than my previous Guido post because I had raised preflop and this table had people who would ram and jam.

The very next hand :

I'm UTG with K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

I raise, and only button and BB call.

Flop : 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

check, I bet, both call.

Turn : K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

check, I bet, button calls, BB raises (just like last hand), I reraise, both call.

River : 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

check, I bet, fold, call.

BB had A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] for flopped two pair. He says I'm lucky. I find it a little strange that he consistently is so aggresive post flop but open limps on button. He mentioned early he had read Jones several times.
Old 10-28-2003, 06:04 PM

Default Re: Two more for Guido with cameo from Hulk\'s father.

I like your aggressive play in both hands, and thanks for the shout... 1st time I've bumped into a 2+2er at a table. Funny you mention our opponent's familiarity with Jones' book, I too was shocked by the play of a couple of the ~poker scholars~ at that table. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 10-28-2003, 10:10 PM

Default An ethics question.

I like tables when I can see so many mistakes so quickly. I almost opened a thread here to see if you were noticing them also. I thought it might be unethical, even though I would never discuss any hand were either of us still had cards. So it would really just be like posting a hand really fast. Decided I'd be beyond question. Any other thoughts about the ethics of this?
Old 10-28-2003, 11:28 PM

Rkiray,

Good job on both hands.

Old 10-29-2003, 10:17 AM

Default Re: An ethics question.

Sounds above board to me, as long as the cards were mucked before we began discussing. Regardless, the ~insight~ I would be providing probably wouldn't be sane enough to compromise any ethical standards anyway.
Old 10-29-2003, 12:39 PM

Hi Rkiray,

I don't really understand why this is a hand for me, but I like your play. I would have played exactly the same way. Good job!

Thanks,

Guido
Old 10-29-2003, 03:55 PM

The last post I titled for you, several people seemed to think I played weak, so this was a follow up of sorts. I was also looking for hands to post since I had never played with StanTheMan before. Unfortunately, nothing really interesting came up before he left (except for some really bad plays that didn't really involve Stan or I).