Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-20-2003, 11:57 PM

Default Best day/time to play 100+9 UB Sat for the 1,000,000

I finally managed not to self-destruct and place in one of the $3 rebuy UB super-sats (with 1 rebuy at startup and the add-on, woohoo). Anyhow, wondering what time you guys thought would be best to play - Thursday night, Saturday night, or Sunday afternoon. I'm somehow thinking that Sunday afternoon might be the softest time because it would have the highest number of weekenders. Although Thursday night could be good too.

Same question for the NL sats on Stars. Which day/time is best? I've played in 3 (2 midweek evenings, and 1 Sunday morning) and I think the Sunday morning was the toughest competition (in fact, I saw a few other 2+2'ers in that one).
Old 10-24-2003, 12:05 PM

Default Comments on Thursday

I took my chances in last night's tourney. The two tables I played on were both ultra-tight and generally passive. Not alot of big moves. Tourney started as pretty much a small bet game. After the break, the action picked up a bit. Confrontations seemed to be along the lines of good call vs. someone trying to make a move. Since the game was so tight, I'm sure that many moves were succeeding.

I busted out in the middle, so I don't know how play progressed.
Old 10-27-2003, 01:14 AM

Default Re: Best day/time to play 100+9 UB Sat for the 1,000,000

I think any of the three you mentioned are fine. I got an entry in a Thursday one, and busted out midway in a Sunday one.. but I doubt that had anything to do with which day it was. Play seemed to be the same pace (as far as players eliminated in the first hour, and so on) in both.
Old 10-27-2003, 10:27 AM

Default Re: Best day/time to play 100+9 UB Sat for the 1,000,000

Thanks for the response. I think the Saturday game was little than the Thursday game. But, then again I was in a fog after the Saturday game and all the stupid stalling.

Good luck in January. Hope to see you there.