Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-02-2003, 11:27 AM

Default Planet Poker

Had about 12 bad beats in a row on Party last night and decided to ho myself out for the rest of the night. So I tried Planet and the site seems fine where is the traffic?

Is there something wrong with this site or are they like paradise where they feel marketing is evil voodoo?

When is Stars going to have a first time deposit bonus? My ethics don't allow me to play at sites that don't help hos like myself.
Old 10-02-2003, 06:05 PM

Default Re: Planet Poker

I recently went to planet for the bonus. I deposited $200 for the full $50 bonus and it was credited immediately. I started playing some 3/6 and quickly went up + $71 so im now sitting at $321.....Then disaster struck and i never had another winning session before leaving my self with $20. So i went and put it in a tourny where my top two pair got rivered by a set to lose. I think this is the first time in my whoring history where i lost more than the bonus was giving me. I understand i was a little understaked for 3/6 but after checking out bonuswhores.com i realized that playing 1/2 would lead to somewhere around 35 hours of play to clear it, and 3/6 would be less than 10 hours. I generally try and clear bonuses at the lowest level that gives a realistic number of hours to clear it. Then i lower my risk and can focus on my other main games.

As for stars you may be waiting forever for a 1st time deposit bonus. They've offered 5 bonuses since march 21st and all have been 20% up to $120 and for all players. They usually all have been offered in relation to something like the WSOP, or the WCCOOP, or the XXXXXX hand. There are affiliate sites around that may kick back some money too if you want to start there.

Old 10-02-2003, 06:18 PM

i hear that if you email member services they will give new users at stars a 20% bonus up to $100. unfortunately i've been unable to truly confirm this, as their marketing department claimed they would get back to me but haven't (shocking for stars).
Old 10-02-2003, 06:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Where "Cashout Restrictions Apply", bonus amounts will be eligible for cashout once a player has accumulated a minimum of ten times the bonus amount in Planet Points since the bonus credit was received. For the purpose of this calculation, only Planet Points based on game play and tournament dollar buy-ins will be included. (i.e. Planet Points received as a result of bonuses or tournament wins etc. will not be counted).

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
5 Planet Points are awarded for every $1 a player contributes to the rake. A player's rake contribution is calculated by the rake taken divided by the number of players dealt in that hand. For example, in a 10 handed ring game with a $3.00 rake, each player's contribution is $.30.
You will receive 1 Planet Point for every $2 spent on a tournament buy-in and entry fee. For example, if the buy-in and entry fee is $10, you will receive 5 Planet Points.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are getting 500 points also, which is worth 10$

Remember that when clearing a bonus you usually have plenty of time, so you don't need to play if games arent great.

Old 10-02-2003, 06:55 PM

You are getting 500 points also, which is worth 10$

I also went through the cardplayer link so i got a free 1000 points and used them in a satelite entry.

Remember that when clearing a bonus you usually have plenty of time, so you don't need to play if games arent great.

The games i was in were good games. They were loose, but a little more aggressive than i have been used to seeing. I just hit the bad side of a lot of hands.