Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-18-2003, 04:12 PM

Default PartyPoker Support: Is there anybody out there?...

Close to 72 hours ago, my wife initiated her first cashout from PP, in the amount of $50, to be sent to our Neteller account. Although the transaction was recorded immediately by Party, there was no indication at Neteller of any transaction in the works, even though Party's "Where's My Money" link gave a transaction ID# along with "Complete" and "Delivered" in the boxes named Status and Department.

As of yet, there is no record of this transaction in our Neteller account, even though two other withdrawals I had initiated from my own account in the days prior went through fairly quickly.

Yesterday, (more than twenty-four hours ago), my wife e-mailed Party's support, but we have not received back anything more than the automated acknowledgement of her e-mail. In addition, when I was playing thia afternoon on Party, I clicked on the box for Live Floorperson, and got instead a message instructing players to e-mail Party instead if there were any problems or concerns.

I know that Party is known for poor support, but these incidents over the past few days make me wonder if anyone is working there at this point. Has anyone else had more problems than usual attempting to contact Party's support in the past few days?
Old 09-18-2003, 04:27 PM

Default Re: PartyPoker Support: Is there anybody out there?...

Sharing a neteller account could be the cause of the problem. If you and your wife have seperate emails registered with the poker site, then you need to have seperate emails registered with neteller or it will throw up a flag and you will eventually need to make phone calls to both neteller and party proving you are two seperate people. What also may happen is if your wifes email isnt in the neteller system it has nowhere to go because they withdraw from site to neteller not with your account number but instead with your email.

Hope this helps.

Old 09-18-2003, 04:41 PM

I was afraid that this might be the cause, although it would have been nice to at least have heard back from Party in the past twenty-four hours. I had assumed that since I first funded my wife's Party account out of my own Neteller account, that the cash out would have simply traveled back to this account.

While I guess that my wife could have her own Neteller account, I also assume that in the future I could cash her out via a transfer to my Party account first(?)
Old 09-18-2003, 04:51 PM

I have had a number of problems with Party cashouts and support. After dealing with paradise for so long it was a major disappointment to see that Party didn't give the same attention to this area. I have had horrible delays in cashouts both via courier and neteller. And when I contacted payment processing i had 3 different people tell me they would get back to me and of course they never did.

Then on Monday I recieved an e-mail from Lucy Jones telling me I have an executive hostess assigned to me. I sent her an e-mail and my problem was resloved in 15 minutes. I'm not sure what i did to qualify for a hostess but it sure worked for me.
Old 09-18-2003, 05:05 PM

I have noticed that Party is real slow now. Mtlti poker and empire are still very quick with their cashouts. It don't make sense but that's how is seemed to me.
Old 09-18-2003, 05:43 PM

Default Update: Party was not at fault!

To all who read my initial post:

After reading Jedi's extremely informative post, I decided to call Neteller. After a wait of approx. 5-10 minutes (much shorter than when calling the cable company), I managed to speak to a live clerk, and explained the situation as I outlined in the initial post. Below is an abbrieviated excerpt of the salient part of our conversation.

Neteller: "Sir, what is your wife's name?"
Me: "It's Bxxx Nxxxx, but she does not have a account with you; that might be the problem."
Neteller: "Yes, she does have an account with us."
Me: "No, she doesn't."
Neteller: "Yes, she does...may I speak with her please."

My wife takes the phone, giggles a bit, thanks her, and then hangs up. She then checks her e-mail, uses the log-on info just sent from Neteller, and gets into her own account, which shows that the withdrawel from Party had appeared within an hour after she initiated it. We then find a piece of paper near the computer on which she had previously written her Neteller ID and Secure ID (but of course it did not say "Neteller" on it).

Although my wife is a respected professional in the local mental health community, she has Attention Deficit Disorder. And surprisingly, she is a pretty good poker player, as she has already parlayed her initial fifty dollar stake (plus twenty-five dollar newbie bonus) into close to two hundred dollars.

Now if she could only remember where she left her car keys [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 09-18-2003, 05:51 PM

Default Re: Update: Party was not at fault!

Lol.
Now that I think of it it might be nice to have a wife with ADD. They probably have tougher time reminding you all that you did wrong five years ago.
Old 09-18-2003, 07:58 PM

Glad i was able to help.

goodluck/skill to you and your wife.
Old 09-18-2003, 08:06 PM

Lol! This thread had a great storyline!
Old 09-18-2003, 08:51 PM

Default Yes, you can do an interaccount transfer at Party

Your wife can transfer funds from her Party account to yours, and then you could do a cash out. Of course, the funds would then go into your Neteller account instead of hers. Not a bad idea, unless it is the other way around. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]