Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-11-2003, 01:34 PM

Default Shorthanded -- Paradise $3/$6 vs Party $5/$10

Cross-posting this from Internet Gambling bcs the forum is filled with spam . . . and frankly, most of us here play online anyway.

---------------
I've been playing the 5-headed tables at Paradise. Got the $1/$2 tables figured out and I've been playing the $3/$6 tables recently. It'll be awhile until I've figured *those* out completely but right now I seem to be winning around 4 or 5 BB/hour, and I think I've got the potential to go up to 6 or 7 if I put a hold on some fishier aspects of my play.

My question is what the Party $5/$10 tables look like compared to Paradise's $3/$6? The limit is higher and there's one more player (6-headed instead of five) but it's Party -- so I'm guessing there are more aggressive maniacs hanging out there. Nothing someone betting into you with bottom pair, horrible kicker. Any tips for someone thinking of dipping his foot into the Party $5/$10 pool?

(By the way, I've played the 5/10 tables at Party before, but it was when I was on autopilot when playing . . . I really don't remember a thing except that I had huge swings.)

Old 09-11-2003, 02:10 PM

Default Re: Shorthanded -- Paradise $3/$6 vs Party $5/$10

1 extra player is a big differnce IMHO. I am unable to make money 6 handed but can make money 5 handed. I don't know if this is going to affect you. But other than that the games are pretty much the same.
Old 09-12-2003, 10:55 AM

Default Re: Shorthanded -- Paradise $3/$6 vs Party $5/$10

Well, after a grim 40BB loss on Paradise (ever have one of those days where your flopped 9-high straight fills up and the guy who had TT scoops the pot? That was one of those) I decided to give Party a go.

Wow. Now these are the kind of players I like to see -- I felt like I was back on the $1/$2 tables at Paradise. There was one guy that played EVERY SINGLE HAND, including 72o. And he bet EVERY SINGLE HAND. He actually won some cash before it became obvious what he was doing. He came to the table with a big pile of money, so people were a little intimidated at first . . . maybe he was doing some sort of test.

Anyway, I'd say that at least two of the other players were serious stick-around-with-bottom-pair-and-inside-straight-draw calling stations. No need to figure out when to bluff with these guys -- just play your best hands and count on them to stick around after you hit. Beautiful!

I probably shouldn't go back until my bankroll gets bigger -- I'm at about 200BB now, and I know that swings at shorthanded can be huge -- but it's very tempting . . .
Old 09-12-2003, 10:51 PM

Default Paradise is way more skilled even at the lower limits.........

Party or Pokerroom is way easier than Paradise, so is Pacific if the table goes short. No comparison, now if you want to learn how to win goto Paradise, and take a pounding, lose rake marginally or if you are more skilled win marginally. The pot avgs say it all. The average Pokerroom shorttable is about 20 dollars at 2/4 Paradise has 3/6 tables that are this high, there isn't any dead money at the paradise tables. Party has 50 dollar 5/10 tables, that's alot of soft ace anything any two suited morons chasing to the river........