Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-26-2003, 08:06 PM

Default all in on nut flush draw?

In a NL hold'em tournament after the flop, is it a good idea to go all in on a nut flush draw with over cards, thinking that you can get the pot right there, and if called, you still have a good number of outs? Or should you play the hand out and not take the risk of going all in if you don't make the flush? Thanks for your comments.
Old 08-27-2003, 05:05 AM

Default Re: all in on nut flush draw?

If there's a good chance the others will fold, and if the all-in move isn't too much of an overbet (i.e. pot is close in size to your stack) then it's a good move I think.

If there's no chance everyone will fold and the pot is tiny compared to your stack it's pretty foolish.

Most of the time it's somewhere in between! In most tournaments, in fact, the situation is closer to the first scenario above, so the move is definitely worth considering.

Guy.
Old 08-27-2003, 10:50 AM

i would not take this chance early in the tourney. A large bet 5x's BB would accomplish the same thing.
Old 08-27-2003, 11:04 AM

It depends on may things, including the pre-flop action, the texture of the flop, your position and so on. It probably is an over-bet, however, and the same result could be had with much less risk, as another post said.