Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-25-2003, 04:23 PM

Default Difficult AA hand in SNG

Very first hand of a paradise SNG. UTG limps and I'm next with black aces. I raise 5x the blinds. FOUR people call, as does the limper.

Flop sucks royal eggs. K T Q with two spades.

What to do? That flop almost certainly hit someone real hard, probably harder than me?

more to follow
Old 08-25-2003, 04:33 PM

Default More info

So I decide to bet, and bet 100 into a pot of about 250. This was probably a mistake, but I hate to just CHECK. Two people call.

The turn comes a red four. Again, I'm stuck in a quagmire of indecision, nothing seems like the right move. I decide that the flop HAD to have hit someone harder than me, and check. Sure enough the first caller bets 100 and the second raises 100 more. I fold. I figure I'm probably drawing to at most three outs, and a split pot at that. First bettor calls.

Ten hits the river and it goes check, all-in, call. First caller has KTo for the full house and the turn raiser has Ace-F-in-King.

At least I didn't lose my A$$, but I still think I stunk up the joint with my crappy play. I didn't even follow my own raising standards! I should have raised at least 8x, if not 10-12x the BB. Maybe AK would have gone all-in, allowing me to bust him instead of losing a buck-fifty. Or I coulda gone for the LRRZ. Oh well... coulda shoulda woulda....

Now I ain't one to whine without bringing some cheese, so in the lobby we have a nice sharp cheddar and some smoked gouda with little crackers....

al
Old 08-25-2003, 07:54 PM

Default Re: More info

Sweeet, but where's the lobby?
Old 08-26-2003, 06:55 AM

Default Re: More info

I'm no expert but I don't see any point to raising 10 or so X's the big blind if this is level 1 u'd win what 50. I'd rather take the risk with AA and get some callers. i haven't seen many people call an early raise of that much. Also the fact that the late callers did not reraise sugests more of a drawing hand then a big hand or they'd probably RR so probably there are no trips. So a decent bet on the flop is probably a good idea just so noone tries an easy steal and u may get a free card.
So I don't think u played that bad. I'd rather win some big pot and lose some small ones W/ AA then win a bunch of small ones.
Old 08-26-2003, 09:56 AM

Location: USS George washington, Virgina, 7 months until Los Angeles
Default Re: Difficult AA hand in SNG

That's an awesome flop. When you guys have aces I mean what are you hoping for. Someone probably caught a piece of their hand but so did you, big time. You know no one has the nut flush draw cause you have the ace. You are drawing to the big end of the strait, sweet. A anything k, q, 10 is wanting to call your bets thinking I have a pair and a strait draw. AJ is an enemy but never fear another J will be there. Bet big and act like you are the one with kings, after all they probably would have already reraised you if they existed.

-chessforlife