Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-17-2003, 06:31 PM

Default Uh, I\'ll call

Party 3-6 - loose, lively game [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

UTG raises (B8), 2 callers (B6, B5), I call from LMP (B3) with A [img]/forums/images/icons/spade.gif[/img] K [img]/forums/images/icons/club.gif[/img] , cutoff (B1) 3-bets, big blind (B9) calls 3, UTG (B8) calls, B6 calls, B5 caps, I call two more, everyone else calls. Capped 6 ways, 12 big bets in the pot.

Flop: J [img]/forums/images/icons/diamond.gif[/img] T [img]/forums/images/icons/diamond.gif[/img] 5 [img]/forums/images/icons/spade.gif[/img] Two checks, B6 bets, B5 folds (?), I call, 2 calls, B8 now raises, all 4 remaining players call. 5 players left, 17 big bets in the pot.

Turn: 4 [img]/forums/images/icons/spade.gif[/img] [J [img]/forums/images/icons/diamond.gif[/img] T [img]/forums/images/icons/diamond.gif[/img] 5 [img]/forums/images/icons/spade.gif[/img]] B9 checks, B8 bets, B6 folds, I call, B1 calls, B9 folds. 3 players to the river, 20 big bets in the pot.

River: A [img]/forums/images/icons/club.gif[/img] [4 [img]/forums/images/icons/spade.gif[/img] J [img]/forums/images/icons/diamond.gif[/img] T [img]/forums/images/icons/diamond.gif[/img] 5 [img]/forums/images/icons/spade.gif[/img]] B8 bets, what now?

Comments and results to follow. Thank you in advance.
Old 07-17-2003, 06:36 PM

Default Re: Uh, I\'ll call

Why call before the flop? With AKo I would definitely reraise. Calling a raise is the definitive weak tight mistake, IMHO.
Old 07-17-2003, 07:35 PM

This is one of the best posts in a while. Talk about decisions!

My guess is you have a big pair and a busted flush against you. Of course someone may have gone wild with TT or JJ as it is a loose game, but I doubt it.

How lucky did you feel? I don't see how raising is going to get you anything, as your either a dog or your not. With the pot so big anyone with a dream is going to hang around in the hope their hand is best.
Old 07-17-2003, 09:17 PM

I definately think you need to 3 bet pre flop, but as far as the river goes, I would call. The BB must have either a set, or a J with either an A,K,Q, or T with it....so since you lose to most of those hands I wouldnt raise here. He must know you have AK and he bet into you. I think you lose here.
Old 07-18-2003, 04:22 PM

I called, because the pot was huge but the risk of a re-raise seemed more huge, and my hand was good, UTG had A [img]/forums/images/icons/diamond.gif[/img] Q [img]/forums/images/icons/diamond.gif[/img] and other guy had 66.

The call pre-flop was an anomoly, I am not sure why I did it other than I was not feeling good about a UTG raise and 2 callers and had not been hititng that session. AKs is a definite 3-bet, and Ako should be as well. I quess this just illustrated that the idea that the big cards are out when there is a raise and many callers is garbage, as there were no big pairs out there and a dominated ace had actually opened the betting. I think the flop and turn calls were automatic. Just because we win doesn't mean we played well.
Old 07-18-2003, 05:30 PM

What a mess.

Um, why stop now? call.

I guess?,