Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-10-2005, 10:27 AM

Default Tax Question

Is this the correct forum for posting tax related questions? Specifically, i would like to know how I can make a win/loss spreadsheet of my sessions using PokerTraker software. i'm fairly computer illiterate when it comes to this kind of thing, so any technical expertise would be helpful.

Thanks
Old 12-10-2005, 04:00 PM

Default Re: Tax Question

I posted this before in the software forum. Here is an SQL query for the PT database. Run this, copy the output into excel and you can pivot table the excel information any way you like.

I have made my spreadsheet create two columns, one with if >0, another with <0. I don't have all my sessions, so this helps me sum up winning and losing sessions easily so I can gross up my numbers to my total win for the year.

You can always export all your sessions straight from PT using the export function. I find the Query in Access into Excel faster. Plus I don't have to reformat in Excel each time I export from PT.

ACCESS SQL QUERY:

SELECT Hour([session_start]) AS [TIME], session.player_id, session.amount_won, Weekday([session_start]) AS [DAY], game_level.game_level_desc, session.table_name, Month([session_start]) AS [Month], DateValue([session_start]) AS [Date], Year([session_start]) AS [Year]
FROM game_level INNER JOIN [session] ON game_level.game_level_id = session.game_level_id
WHERE (((session.player_id)=1));