Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-08-2005, 08:03 PM

Default I failed (on a technicality)!

Ok. I made a challenge that if I set foot in another forum, I would pay out $10 to each person who had respoonded to my thread. I accidentally clicked on High Stakes poker, and was there for under 2 seconds, but alas, I failed.

I counted up the people, and I think I owe out $350. That said, given that I failed on a stupid technicality, I am changing the rules. Sorry if you don't like it, but you still have a chance to get the money (and more).

Instead of paying out to each person, there will be a contest between the people who did reply, and whoever wins can have the money. I think I will break this up into 3 contests, so that more than one person can get cash.

I havn't figured out what the contests will be, but it will be something to add value to this forum, so that I at least benefit while paying out a lot of cash (maybe the forum can benefit too). Posters in my original thread will be eligible to compete, and at the end of the contest, those same people will be able to vote on the winner.

I will come up with something by tomorrow.

Sorry if you feel ripped off by not getting your $10, but considering I lost on what I feel is a technicality, I am changing the rules. If you don't like that, post about it here:

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/po...mp;Board=beats

Spicymoose
Old 12-08-2005, 08:07 PM

Default Re: I failed (on a technicality)!

ROFL A technicality! lol
Old 12-08-2005, 08:10 PM

LAME

odds that the "contest winner" will be one of spicywelsher's alternate 2+2 screennames? even money
Old 12-08-2005, 08:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
LAME

odds that the "contest winner" will be one of spicywelsher's alternate 2+2 screennames? even money

[/ QUOTE ]

You guys will be doing the voting, not me. Also, all the people who responded to my thread are visible for all to see.
Old 12-08-2005, 08:14 PM

spicywelsher,

I was joking. Good idea though right? Might want to remember that one for next time.

your stalker,
jba
Old 12-08-2005, 08:38 PM

If you're willing to give up $350 to improve the forum, it would be pretty selfish of anyone to whine about giving up $10 IMO.

But you can admit it - I know you were actually checking to see what they said about you in OOT [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 12-08-2005, 08:57 PM

Now I feel bad, lol.
Old 12-08-2005, 09:36 PM

The deal was you wasn't allowed to enter a forum of you paid $10 to everyone who replied.

So then you entered another forum and dont want to pay everyone?

Not really bothered about the cash i may have got, but to say something then do another thing is umm... Pointless.

and the board just got spammed for no reason?
Old 12-08-2005, 09:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The deal was you wasn't allowed to enter a forum of you paid $10 to everyone who replied.

So then you entered another forum and dont want to pay everyone?

Not really bothered about the cash i may have got, but to say something then do another thing is umm... Pointless.

and the board just got spammed for no reason?

[/ QUOTE ]

I shouldn't have posted the thread, but it has helped me to not actually read other forums that waste my time. I know it may sound silly, but it was a monetary incentive to me to not do it, and I needed to just make myself do that so that I followed through. Although I am now paying out $350, I still feel like I havn't broken my what I actually meant. I phrased the post wrong, and I so I will pay for it. I just feel it is kinda ridiculous (as was the initial post), and that instead of paying out my original plan, I will use it to do something that hopefully, actually will be useful to the forum.

Sorry for my original post, as it was mainly a selfish post, but hopefully I can make up for it pay using the cash in a different way.

Sorry if you don't like this, but you can always just ignore the posts. I won't be spamming up the boards.

Thanks,
Spicymoose
Old 12-08-2005, 11:58 PM

I really want a mod to change his title to "Indian Giver."