Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-10-2003, 11:58 PM

Default Anyone play at TruePoker?

Well I went to TruePoker last week, played a little, went out of town, and played a lot today. Actually, I only played for fake money today in 3 tournaments. I did extremely well (obviously I dont expect fake money tournaments to be hard). I was just wondering if anyone had any comments on TruePoker (real money, mainly) Thanks
Old 07-11-2003, 09:34 AM

Default Re: Anyone play at TruePoker?

I play almost exclusively at TP.

There are rarely more than 100 people playing real money ring games at one time. Most often it's around 50. Late nights/early mornings (US time) there are times where only 10 people are playing.

Most games are 1/2 and 2/4, and there are frequently multiple games going at this level. 3/6 and 5/10 are less common, and it's rare to have more than one game going at these limits. 10/20 is infrequent and almost always short-handed. PL and NL games usually go on during the evening.

You can only play one table at a time. I'm averaging slightly over 4BB/hr this year at limits from 1/2 - 3/6. The games are almost always very good - lots of players seeing the flop, not a lot of aggression. Customer support is very good. You'll see David, the CEO, posting on these boards and responding to questions/complaints.

Cashouts take about 48 hrs through Neteller. About 10 days by check.

The rake structure at 1/2 is very good. They don't rake a pot under $12. At $12, they take $1. (True does not use increments of less than $1 for anything). For limits above 1/2, they take $1 at $20, $40, and $60.
Old 07-11-2003, 10:50 AM

Another thumbs up for true poker from myself.

The support is the best and most accommodating I've dealt with.
Old 07-11-2003, 11:09 AM

Default TruePoker Points Program question from Pudley

Thank you. Our full $1-2 to $3-6 games do average around 60 hands per hour. These are games with a high proportion of new players.

Points Program :

Truepoker credits its points program for players based upon you being dealt in a hand which is raked, we do not require you bet into a raked pot to get credited for a hand.

We do this for two reasons:

1. We ask you to only to play your regular game, we'll credit you for playing, not require playing recklessly. A points program really most benefits the long term customer, and so, should target/reward his play most accurately

2. It makes our points program by far the most generous we can for 5-10 and 10-20 games, in which alomost all contested hands are going to be raked; so everyone dealt in gets the most credits possible. You show up and play, you've done your part and deserve the points. How loosely, you play, whether you personally see the flop, et cetera is up to you.

Many sites require players to bet into a pot to get points credit, that is their take on what they want from you, not ours.

Finally, as requested by some players, we added a points-for-cash program for players hitting a certain amount of play.

If anyone has other suggestions regarding improving our points program, please email me at management@truepoker.com

Truepoker CEO
Old 07-11-2003, 11:10 AM

Default Support?

Everyone always comments on how good (or bad) a sites support is. I have played untold zillions of online hours. Mostly at Paradise and Stars but a lot lately at Party too. I have never once in 4+ years of online poker since my early days at Planet ever needed any help from support of any kind.

What kind of problems do you folks have that seems to keep you all in constant contact with the support crew?

If I ever had to deal with the support crew in any way it would be Red Flag number one for that particular site for me [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-11-2003, 11:26 AM

Default Support is the most important component of customer service

If you want it, it should be there:

Players contact a site's Support for a variety of reasons:

Initially, a new player may need help with their computers, as not everyone always knows how to maximize their system's performance.

A site may offer added-value features a player is not familiar with, such as statistics, hand histories, or other menu items not readily visible.

Players may want to give a site feedback about an issue, from site improvements to suspicious play.

More recently, they may want to ask questions about how to buy-in, given that their Bank may have declined to process any gaming transactions.

There are a number other such areas a site shiuld be prepared to answer from players which do not reflect badly upon that site, but simply reflect a value-added service for customers.

Truepoker provides 24/7 live Hosts onsite, click on the Host button to chat with them. Each of our Hosts is poker-experienced, with two years or so minimum at this hosting job. They can handle most inquires, with others referred to Technical Support or accounting if they require further information.

Truepoker CEO
Old 07-11-2003, 11:28 AM

True will always be my sentinmental favorite online room, I feel its unfortunate that I rarely play there anymore.

I trust its shuffle completely, their games are usually very soft and loose-passive and the slower pace allows a lot of player interaction, their support is instant and excellent. Its basically the feel of the best B&M room around, and they appreciate your business.

Id recommend it highly for all recreational players looking for an online poker home.

Pack