Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-03-2005, 06:28 AM

Default KQ makes a move on the turn

I played without a HUD so I have no ptstats but UTG,CO are decent. I havent seen them do anything stupid yet atleast. SB is a strange maniac. He doesnt play so many hands but the hands he play are trashy offsuit hands. I saw him raise 96o and 65o UTG for example. BB is an ultra loose fish.

Dealer: Dealer
Small Blind: Player 1 (0,50)
Big Blind: Player 2 (1,00)
Hero was dealt: K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] - Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

UTG Call (1,00)
Hero Raise (2,00)
CO Call (2,00)
Dealer Fold
SB Raise (2,50)
BB Call (2,00)
UTG Call (2,00)
Hero Call (1,00)
CO Call (1,00)

Flop 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] - 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] - K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

SB Bet (1,00)
BB Call (1,00)
UTG Fold
Hero Call (1,00)
CO Call (1,00)

Turn 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] - 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] - K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] - 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

SB Bet (2,00)
BB Call (2,00)
Hero Raise (4,00)
CO Call (4,00)
SB Call (2,00)
BB Call (2,00)

River 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] - 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] - K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] - 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] - 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

SB Check
BB Bet (2,00)
Hero?

Im very interested in what you have to say about my flop and turn action. The river is quite interesting too imo.
Old 12-03-2005, 07:22 AM

Default Re: KQ makes a move on the turn

I think you have to raise the flop. Your turn raise is not a value raise and the only opponent you can fold out is CO. SB 3-bet PF--you need to know if he has a K or better--you need to raise here and maybe CO folds here. If BB is a super fish, this is an easy fold because he has a 5.
Old 12-03-2005, 07:30 AM

I'm a big advocate of waiting for the turn to raise.

This is not the spot for it.

There are a few reasons to wait for the turn to raise. Two of them are:
1. Hero cannot protect his hand with a raise on the flop, but has a reasonable expectation to be able to on the turn.
2. Hero has marginal equity and wishes to wait for the turn to push a potentially larger equity edge after a safe turn card falls.

So. #2 doesn't really apply here. Your equity is as about as big as it's going to get. There's only 4 cards that improve your equity greatly.

Which leads us to #1. Protection.

There are a couple of reasons not to wait.
1. You're only waiting to fold out 1 villian.
2. This is a very dry board. You can't protect against any reasonable draws here. Any hand that calls one is calling two.

Considering there is no reason to wait. Just go ahead and raise the flop. This is a whole new [and possibly more interesting] hand after that.
Old 12-03-2005, 10:58 AM

Good answer.

The point that leads to bet the flop is
"This is a very dry board. You can't protect against any reasonable draws here. Any hand that calls one is calling two."
Old 12-03-2005, 10:08 AM

just raise the flop. What happens if SB 3 bets you on the turn? fold? call down?

I raise this flop and reevaluate if i am 3 bet
Old 12-03-2005, 10:49 AM

(in the dark, critique welcome)

PF raise is good - but I would definitely raise the flop to protect your hand, especially with the coordinated flop. Good raise on the turn, I'd call the river bet - since there is a chance of SB checkraise, and your call will probably get a call from him even with underpair, without risking losing another bet (by raising) if you are really way behind.
Old 12-03-2005, 10:57 AM

Ok this is my take on it. SB is a maniac so I dont care about his cards or his moves. There is a resonable chance someone is on a flushdraw. If the turn isnt a heart my equity will change drastically. Therefor I waited so I could collect two big bets on a safe card instead of two small bets when my equity isnt as big. I would have folded if someone had 3-bet me on the turn btw. So what do you guys think about the river? Raise,call or fold?