Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-02-2005, 01:40 PM

Default Bad Beat

Okay, four table touney, everyone has a/b $1500, blinds 25/50, 4th hand. I'm 3rd to act @ a full table, pocket fives. First in , I limp, guy to my right limps, button limps, bb checks. 4 to the flop, w/$225 pot. comes J, J, 4 rainbow. All check, turn is a five. I have 5's full now all check to the button who bets $300, BB calls, I know someone has a J, not worried a/b button he can't have J,4 BB might. But I go all in hoping to get a call from J,10 J,Q or such. Guy to my left folds. Button calls, BB calls. They both turn over, J,Q. I'm way ahead w/ 5's full. River comes a 4. I lose to J's full they split. What happened? Should I have just called on the turn to make sure the river was not dangerous like another 4 or other high card? I knew one of them had at least J and high card. however I got my money in w/ the best hand by far, and I knew it when I went all in. Any suggestions
Old 12-02-2005, 01:43 PM

Default Re: Bad Beat

there is a bad beat forum.
Old 12-02-2005, 01:47 PM

Okay forget I said bad beat, I'm wondering if I did everything I could w/ my big hand?
Old 12-02-2005, 01:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Okay forget I said bad beat, I'm wondering if I did everything I could w/ my big hand?

[/ QUOTE ]

Why such a huge overbet? You went all-in with a smallish pot. Sure, JT or JQ will call, but you may be able to soak some money from other hands as well.
Old 12-02-2005, 02:01 PM

good point, I knew Button & BB were staying all the way, the guy to my left didn't have a J amd couldn't call. I knew this, but your right, I could milk it more. And when the 4 comes on the river I know I'm beat and can lay down.