Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-20-2005, 11:20 PM

Default Big pot with two psychos. 2/5 nl deep

I'm sitting at the 2/5 game (awesome, awesome, awesome game) at Foxwoods with Fslexcduck and her friend. Both are very good, loose, aggressive players, and have excellent hand reading skills. I have about 1700 in front, the friend (I'll call him Brad) has about 900, and donkey has about 1500.

Only reads on the donkey is that he talks. A lot. He thinks he's God's gift to cards. He also looks directly at me within 5 minute of my sitting down after reseating and says "I want your stack." I had not previously so much as glanced at him.

On to the hand. Brad straddles UTG for 10. He's been doing this every time he has the chance (as have I, and duck). 2 folds to me and I call with QTo. Folds around to the donkey in the SB who calls. BB calls. Brad raises to 55. He has done this almost everytime it's limped to his straddle, he has any two here. I call, donkey calls, BB folds.

Flop: KT6r (Pot=175)

Donkey checks, Brad pauses and bets 130. I cold call. Donkey pauses and says, "all right, I'll gamble." Call.

Turn: KT63 (Pot=565)

The 3 puts two diamonds on board. Donkey checks, Brad checks, I think and bet 250.

Donkey thinks and calls, Brad thinks and calls.

River: KT63Q (Pot=1315)

The Q is a non diamond. Donkey quickly fires 400. Brad thinks and folds. I call.
Old 11-20-2005, 11:23 PM

Default Re: Big pot with two psychos. 2/5 nl deep

it looks like donkey has QJ here ... whats the reason for betting 1/2 pot on the turn? do you think brad has a K here? he probably has some mid-pocket or JT-ish kind of hand...
Old 11-21-2005, 02:45 AM

Hi Chaos,

[ QUOTE ]
Brad raises to 55. He has done this almost everytime it's limped to his straddle, he has any two here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then don't call the first 10 pre-flop with QTo out of position and 1500 effective stack, unless you're planning on limp-re-raising to 300 or so.

As far as the rest of the hand goes, you may be good on the end, but you sure are making things hard on yourself. Also, you're probably not good on the end.
Old 11-21-2005, 03:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, you're probably not good on the end.

[/ QUOTE ]
i agree w/ everyhting u said, especially this part. haha.
Old 11-21-2005, 03:07 AM

That hand isn't worth open limping in EMP. Just muck it - And definitely don't call the 55.
Old 11-21-2005, 03:24 AM

You should have raised and tried to play donkey HU since you have a good read on him. Your preflop call was bad if you knew donkey was going to raise cause QJ off is not a hand you want to play in big pots. Unless you hit that ideal flop, you have to make tough decisions. I don't like your bet on the turn either, just peel a free one off on the river. What if you get check raised? Call on the river is based on your read.
Old 11-21-2005, 04:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hi Chaos,

[ QUOTE ]
Brad raises to 55. He has done this almost everytime it's limped to his straddle, he has any two here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then don't call the first 10 pre-flop with QTo out of position and 1500 effective stack, unless you're planning on limp-re-raising to 300 or so.

As far as the rest of the hand goes, you may be good on the end, but you sure are making things hard on yourself. Also, you're probably not good on the end.

[/ QUOTE ]

nice post.
Old 11-21-2005, 05:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, you're probably not good on the end.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, but with those pot odds, he doesn't need to be good very often.
Old 11-29-2005, 06:45 PM

Default Results

Yeah, the idea of limp re-raising here should of been what I did, because I was 100% sure he would be raising here with atc if limped to.

I also thought, with position on him, if I didn't hit I'd be able to take the pot away from him on the flop or turn. Is this thinking just going to be a chip spew? I figured if I hit I'm almost always be good and just be able to call him down. This is pretty lazy thinking/reasoning, but he was in psycho mode.

Anyway, I won on the river. The first dude was outright bluffing. They both picked up the flush draw on the turn. Brad was furious that he didn't check-raise all-in on the turn and push me off my hand. I think, also, in retrospect, I needed to bet around 400 there, so that I can put pressure on a weak king and give draws poor odds. Blah, I got lucky.
Old 11-30-2005, 12:35 AM

Default Re: Results

Looks good except for pf.