Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-29-2005, 12:29 PM

Default BB play against a non-tricky player -- standard?

Live 10/20 game with 1/2 kill - no kill this hand - table is 7 handed. Villain (MP) is passive (but not overly) and not tricky. CO is a pre-flop LAG but more reasonable after the flop (and running very cold).

Hero is BB with K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].

Preflop: Fold to MP, MP calls, CO raises, Button folds, SB folds, Hero calls, MP calls.

Flop (6.5SB): T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].

Hero checks. MP bets. CO folds. Hero calls.

Turn (4.25BB): A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Hero bets. MP calls.

River (6.25BB): A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Hero bets.
Old 11-29-2005, 12:36 PM

Default Re: BB play against a non-tricky player -- standard?

PM with details of venue please.

I think I'd check-fold the river, I've been doing lots of check-folding on rivers lately, and I'm not sure if that's right. Pre-flop, flop and turn seem ok to me, though.
Old 11-29-2005, 12:43 PM

i check fold the turn after check calling the flop

but i'd lead the flop
Old 11-29-2005, 12:46 PM

If the villain is not tricky and kinda passive then that means he has you beat on the flop. This kind of player betting into the preflop raiser actually shows alot of strength, his most likely hand is 10x. I would call the flop since I have the odds to see one more card, then I would check and fold the turn unimproved. You really only have 2 choices on the turn:
1) check and fold becuz you are trailing and you dont have the odds to continue.
OR...
2) check and raise becuz you believe the villain will fold a 10x type hand if you checkraise the scarecard ace.

Betting out the turn doesnt really accomplish anything IMO, I think checking and folding the turn is usually the best move.
Old 11-29-2005, 12:47 PM

When a limper bets into a raiser and a field of three I tend to believe him a bit. I might take a stab at turn, but unless I know he can fold a river I think I'm c/f. fwiw, I c/f the turn here a lot, but player dependent.
Old 11-29-2005, 12:47 PM

sorry, i didn't see that CO raised pre flop

I still check fold turn
Old 11-29-2005, 12:51 PM

I'm not sure if I could have called that flop or not. Am I not counting outs right? I say 6 1/2 at best.
Old 11-29-2005, 12:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
PM with details of venue please.

I think I'd check-fold the river, I've been doing lots of check-folding on rivers lately, and I'm not sure if that's right. Pre-flop, flop and turn seem ok to me, though.

[/ QUOTE ]

My bad, I miseread it. When a non-tricky player bets into the PFR I think your hand is fuct. c/f the turn.
Old 11-29-2005, 01:38 PM

Any advantage to c/r the flop with the overcard, bottom pair and backdoor flush draw? If not, how many players would need to still be in to make this a good play 3, 5, 7, infinite?.

LLL

LLL
Old 11-29-2005, 01:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If the villain is not tricky and kinda passive then that means he has you beat on the flop. This kind of player betting into the preflop raiser actually shows alot of strength, his most likely hand is 10x.

[/ QUOTE ]

CO was raising way too many hands preflop. I thing the passive-but-not-too-passive player would have bet any TP hand here and possibly second pair or a pocket pair. It is unlikely that she was betting a draw.

My thinking on the turn and river: Passive players without Aces are terrified of Aces. She didn't like my turn bet and I felt it was close to 50/50 that she would fold if I bet again on the river... is that wrong?