Pct. in the money - 60%
1st place finishes - 2

Today (so far)
Beers - 0
Tourneys - 10
In the money - 0
Pct in the money - 0%

Coincidence?? I think not.

Will somebody please get some Pabst Blue Ribbon over here??? Fast!!!

Perhaps it is a delayed steaming effect from when Jason's QQ cracked my AA on the bubble.

At least I'm still in the positive for the two days combined...and that's not including the re-load bonus I'll be getting when I make the FPP requirement.
Old 07-06-2003, 02:05 PM

Default Re: Definitive Correlation??

It was great playing that SNG with you the other night! I'm sorry you had to be the bubble-boy, but hey, at least that catapulted me into the money, lol. [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img] I'm sure Jason also appreciated it, as he only had $5.50 left in his account when we started.

Remember the girl who won first place? KittyKat, or something like that? Well, anyway, during the whole SNG, I kept thinking that she was WAY beyond the $5.50 tourneys. I even said that to her after it was over, but she had already left the room.

Anyway, the next morning when I signed on, I saw that she had just played, and won, a $100 tourney. She must only have been slumming because she couldn't get a higher game going at that time. Good player!
Old 07-06-2003, 04:58 PM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
when Jason's QQ cracked my AA on the bubble.

[/ QUOTE ]

err...sorry about that [img]/forums/images/icons/blush.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

And Felicia is right I only had $5.50 left in my account so it was make or break time...I played some penny NL to get that up to $11 and played in one of the $11 multi-table HE tournaments the next day, planing to either go out in a blaze of glory or make a big score.

I was doing great early (top ten for awhile), but then caught a frozen wave of cards and couldn't connect with anything I played. Ended up going all-in with 99 (preflop, half trying to steal and half hoping to just suckout if I was called). Called by ATs and he flopped an ace (and rivered a flush). So I'm now broke at Stars.

All these SNG's have been a lot of fun, but I think I'll wait for a while to rebuy at Stars, I have other things going on and when I do play poker I'd like to be focusing on my ring-game play. (So your aces will be safe...at least from me [img]/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] )

Also, I recommend switching to higher quality beer to test if your results improve more (I highly suggest Corona, as it's the only beer I'll drink). [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

peace,
jHE
Old 07-06-2003, 06:01 PM

actually i was kind of kidding about the PBR. that was not the beer i was drinking, although i have consumed a few of them on occasion.

i knew the kittycat player was good but didnt know she was a higher level player just slumming it with us little ones. i thought i had seen her around the $5-10 SNG's a few other times...but not sure...i need to take better notes.
i like the idea of checking out the $50-$100 games to see if there is anyone doing well who's name you recognize.
glad i could contribute to jason's comeback...i've been there before. i guess i won't be seeing you around anytime in the too near future. i've been steering clea of the Stars ring-games for awhile...mostly due to my recent success at the SNG's.