Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-28-2005, 08:38 PM

Default I put a bad beat on myself

Vegas last year.

I'm playing the super high stakes 1/3 spread game at the Excalibur.

I'm totally drunk.

I have something like Q7s in the BB. 12 people limp, I check.

I flop a flush draw and bet out. A nit in late position raises, everyone calls, I either call or raise, can't remember.

Turn: blank.

I check and call the nit's bet. I think a few other players called too, but I wasn't really paying attention.

River: Flush.

I bet out, Nit raises, I 3-bet, he just calls. Maybe he was out of chips; I can't remember. I could barely see over my stacks.

He shouts "Twos and eights!" and proudly throws his cards into the muck face down.

Dealer throws up his hands and says, "Sir, what are you doing?"

Meanwhile, I am just sitting there drunk trying to figure out what's going on. Also the view was really bad behind these huge mountains of chips I had.

There was some argument... the dealer saying he couldn't flip the cards... some players arguing back and forth. Finally they turn to me. "Can he flip his cards up?"

"Sure!" I said, at that point finally having decided that he had some weird two pair that was going to lose to my flush.

He flips over 82o for the flopped two pair and rivered boat. The smaller mountain of chips in the middle of the table goes to him instead of to me. Ah well, I think.

Later, I straddle against the same nit. He 3-bets. I call and announce I'll be checkraising the flop.

Flop comes Axx, I do as planned, look at my cards and see AJo. We go lots of bets on the turn and river. I'm not sure if he thinks I checked my cards or not.

I take lots of his chips and he leaves. Poker is easy.