Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-28-2005, 07:46 PM

Default The Hand -- Part II; Ace Queen after the flop from Small Blind

You will see in the link below that for a variety of reasons, most of which the community feels were bad, I decided to limp into a large field with AQo from the small blind. Essentially, the setup is that 6 players limped into a pot where I was small blind with two of them UTG and Villian (EP) being, for different reasons, suspicious and dangerous.

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showth...e=3#Post4037255

With the same setup (stack sizes, suspicious of UTG limper, recognizing Villian as a player who is playing his stack, not his cards, etc.) the flop comes: A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].

Now I am first to act into this totally undefined field, and for all the reasons I went passive pre-flop and more I elect to check. (Hearing the screams clear out here in Santa Monica.) Big blind checks. UTG checks (this, combined with the two high cards on the flop and another A in my hand, seems intrinsically good for me). Villian bets T300 into a T1050 pot and does not appear totally comfortable about it on a "physical tell" level. Three players fold to me.

1) What now?

2) Assuming that I have a very strong read on Villian and know that I am not beat but am far, far ahead and supposing that I actually get Villian all in with KJ and no flush draw vs. my AQ and no flush draw. Is that better (higher EV -- 82% of approximately T7000 vs. some % of T1050) or worse (18% chance of going out after this flop vs. ???? chance of going out if I elect a big move pre-flop) than making a move to collect all the limps preflop?