Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-27-2005, 04:33 PM

Default Set o\' Sixes

As a follow-up to my earlier Set o' Eights post, here is another set hand that I played in a questionable manner.

MP and I have been going at a bit. He has been fairly liberal in steal-raising from the Button against my BB and I have fought back quite a bit. I have showed down a number of winners heads-up against him in large pots
and I think he may be on semi-tilt (and he is also getting shortstacked). BB seems fairly loose-passive.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP caps</font>, Hero calls, BB calls.

Flop: (12 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB calls, MP calls.

Turn: (10.50 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, MP calls $12.25 (All-In), Hero calls.

River: (15.72 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players, 1 all-in)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 17.72 BB
Old 11-27-2005, 04:39 PM

Default Re: Set o\' Sixes

i would play the same, i would only c/r the flop
Old 11-27-2005, 04:44 PM

Looks ok to me. I generally don't 3 bet from the SB with 66 when I'm raised by MP, but if you have a read that he's on tilt/stealing a lot it seems reasonable.

When the turn puts 4 to the straight on the board and the BB wakes up things look really bad for you, but you have to call since you're getting more than good enough odds to draw to the boat.

On the river I'd call and pray that BB shows down 76o, but I think 90% of the time you're losing to the straight.
Old 11-27-2005, 05:04 PM

I have a hard time putting the BB on a straight. He called 2 bets PF with a 3? He called all that flop action with an 8? I guess it could be 88 or A8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] but why no flop raise? same with 77. also 33 I guess.

I suppose there are more of those than 55 44 76s type hands, could also be a goofy AA or something. But without the third guy to pad its not even close I guess. so yeah, call down.
Old 11-27-2005, 05:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i would play the same, i would only c/r the flop

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-27-2005, 05:12 PM

Fold the river.
Old 11-27-2005, 05:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Fold the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

r u serious?
Old 11-27-2005, 07:02 PM

The turn is a mistake. Check and when BB wakes up you save $7.75 because MP doesn't have enough money to reopen the betting. Otherwise MP will undoubtedly bet because he has $12.25 left and he's out of control. Then you can slam BB with a checkraise.
Old 11-27-2005, 07:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The turn is a mistake. Check and when BB wakes up you save $7.75 because MP doesn't have enough money to reopen the betting. Otherwise MP will undoubtedly bet because he has $12.25 left and he's out of control. Then you can slam BB with a checkraise.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds good to me. What is your plan if we don't have this all in situation?
Old 11-27-2005, 07:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I dunno if I agree with this. if BB was so excited to dump the rest of his money in the pot he would have capped the flop. I would hate to see it checked through here. Also do you really save any money? if you check and BB bets, you are telling me you just call?