Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-27-2005, 04:35 PM

Default 99 agains a tricky TAG

BB is 29/20/2.5 a tricky TAG, capable of bluff c/r the turn and things like that, maybe need to mention that when he c/r me i dint react immediately, but think a little bit (10 sec)

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is CO with 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (6 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, SB folds, BB calls.

Turn: (6.50 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero ??
Old 11-27-2005, 04:37 PM

Default Re: 99 agains a tricky TAG

i think your flop 3-bet is terrible
Old 11-27-2005, 04:40 PM

Im folding this. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 11-27-2005, 04:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

its actually not bad if the BB will c/r a protected A high flop with a hand worse than 99. SB likely has a ton of hands wed like to see him fold, and the 3 bet can accomplish that, and actually I think if you continue in the hand, its better than just calling.

all that said, I dont know how often a decent player is raising this flop with a worse hand, so I just fold.
Old 11-27-2005, 04:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
could be yes, i usualy dont do it, but i was trying to buy a free turn and bet/call the river
Old 11-27-2005, 04:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
could be yes, i usualy dont do it, but i was trying to buy a free turn and bet/call the river

[/ QUOTE ]

This is bad. You are taking a free turn to hit your 2 outter? if thats the case you should fold the flop. If you are ahead, then all you are doing is giving HIM a free turn. A better plan would be to bet the turn and check behind the river.
Old 11-27-2005, 04:47 PM

FWIW my standard line here is to call down from the flop raise.
Old 11-27-2005, 04:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]

This is bad. You are taking a free turn to hit your 2 outter? if thats the case you should fold the flop. If you are ahead, then all you are doing is giving HIM a free turn. A better plan would be to bet the turn and check behind the river.

[/ QUOTE ]
yes i agree, if i thought i had only 2 outs i would fold this hand, but i wanted a show down, the best play would be to bet the turn, but in that case he did that, so what would be the best play now
Old 11-27-2005, 04:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
yes i agree, if i thought i had only 2 outs i would fold this hand, but i wanted a show down, the best play would be to bet the turn, but in that case he did that, so what would be the best play now

[/ QUOTE ]

folding seems like a good plan. You raised PF, and 3 bet the flop. Unless hes just an idiot, I dont see your hand being good
Old 11-27-2005, 05:02 PM

i agree, another possible play would be to call his c/r and than call him river down, but when i 3 bet the flop fold on the turn looks the best choice