Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-26-2005, 04:18 AM

Default AA Flopping a Set

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 4 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB caps</font>, Button calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (12 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>

Whats my plan for the rest of the hand?
Old 11-26-2005, 04:49 AM

Default Re: AA Flopping a Set

i'd c/r BB on the flop, he capped so he's going to bet and probably thinks you missed the flop as well. leading probably gives away your hand, which very few people can beat. also the c/r will give flush draws incorrect odds.
Old 11-26-2005, 05:11 AM

Default FLOPAction

I checked, BB bet, and button raised. Now do you call or raise and why? Whats your plan for the turn?
Old 11-26-2005, 05:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i'd c/r BB on the flop, he capped so he's going to bet and probably thinks you missed the flop as well. leading probably gives away your hand, which very few people can beat.

[/ QUOTE ]
How does leading give away our hand, and check-raising not?

[ QUOTE ]
also the c/r will give flush draws incorrect odds.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't think so.

I acutally think that you may get the most bets here just leading the flop. It's pretty likely you're looking at a pocket pair, maybe two- betting out makes sure a bet goes in on every street and makes it likely that both players will be presented with one bet to call everytime, often drawing close to dead.
Old 11-26-2005, 05:43 AM

c/r may also, but by the time he realizes it you've gained an extra bet.
Old 11-26-2005, 06:23 AM

Default Re: FLOPAction

[ QUOTE ]
I checked, BB bet, and button raised. Now do you call or raise and why? Whats your plan for the turn?

[/ QUOTE ]
3-bet the flop and lead the turn. Button is usually raising with a flush draw here. If you get too fancy looking for a c/r on the turn, you will be let down fairly often.

Also, if button has AK, AQ or 99, you'd rather lead the turn to trap BB and let the button raise as opposed to trying to c/r the turn and drive BB out for a double bet. Either way, you'd like to be the one leading the turn, so why stop and go?

Your relative position isn't that great in respect to the aggressor which means a fastplay is in order here.
Old 11-26-2005, 11:53 AM

Default Re: FLOPAction

I 3-bet. It probably kills your action, but I think your coldcall will do the same. Besides, the only action you are going to get on this flop/turn is from AK/99/A9/A4/44 or a flush draw that might cap the flop but may not bet a non-flush turn. I want to lead the turn no matter what because I give AK/99/44 a chance to make an expensive mistake that way. Pedal to the metal and pray that an opponent makes a big mistake on the expensive streets.
Old 11-26-2005, 12:41 PM

I would lead the flop, and call any raises. Then lead the turn and push hard.
Old 11-26-2005, 01:04 PM

Default Results

I checked three bet on the flop as was suggested by most people here. BB folded and the button called. Button called my turn and river bets and showed down Ace rag. I think this was a good line, because I was OOP and I didn't want to fear giving a free card on the turn to a draw. Thanks for the help and more welcomed.