Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-24-2005, 08:55 AM

Default ATo, 3w, QJx 2tn

Pokerstars 3/6 full ring, 9 players.

BB is an aggressive player and somewhat loose. Buddy to my right (mp1?) is kinda tightish and kinda weakish. I don't have PT running, and I'm only playing one table.

Buddy to my left is a poster, and I think specifically he's posting a dead too.

My image is totally shot right now, and many of the players at my table are only playing this table. I've been getting beaten up for the past 20 hands or so.

--

It's a 3/6 game, so pot starts at $8 with the posts. It's folded to the weak guy who limps in, and I raise with ATo. The poster folds, and the aggressive BB calls. The limper calls.

Flop is Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6+2/3bb pot, 3 players.

They check to me. I don't have any backdoors. (Though I do have a gutshot and an overcard, as well as ace-high.)

What do you do?

I'm thinking that if I DO bet this flop, it's so that I can get a free card on the turn, because I"m like 99% behind right now. Then again, if I'm behind to 66, and they fold, that's lovely, and if they call, that's not too bad.

I'm pretty sure that somewhere in HPFAP it tells you to take advantage of the "check to the raiser" habit by checking through in position with overs, and but that may have been on a more co-ordinated board and with stronger/more opponents. He also tells you not to check to the raiser.

Anyways, I'm thinking that this may be a good check, and I know it would probably feel okay to autobet it, but it's not clear to me, one way or the other.

--Dave.
Old 11-24-2005, 09:10 PM

Default Re: ATo, 3w, QJx 2tn

bump.

edit: everyone folded before the bb called, and the pot should be 6.67 SB, not BB, and I have no idea what the rake is like on stars. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 11-24-2005, 09:20 PM

I think you need to bet this specifically because you have a gutshot so a free card would be super. If you had only backdoors then the free card isnt as important since if you miss the turn you dont care to see the river. also you can fold hands like the aforementioned 66 which is "super". What do you think, nit?
Old 11-25-2005, 01:07 PM

Thanks for your response. Makes sense.

Pot's big enough that if I do bet, I can call. FWIW, I checked this through. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 11-25-2005, 01:36 PM

I would bet the flop, mostly for a free turn card, but because I am ahead a % of the time here. The real question is, if it's heads up on the turn do you bet?