Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-23-2005, 10:39 PM

Default BB Small Flush

1/2 on Empire.

Preflop: I got 7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] in the BB. 5 folds, 1 call, 1 more fold, SB completes, I check.

Flop: 10 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (3 in the middle)

SB checks, I bet, late position guy calls, SB calls.

Turn: K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img](6 in the middle)

SB checks, I bet, late position guy raises, SB calls 2 bets cold, I call.

River: 3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img](18 in the middle)

SB checks, I bet, late position guy raises, SB calls 2 cold again, I 3 bet, late position guy caps, SB calls 2 cold again, I call.

I think I screwed up in a few places dont know where. Also no reads on the guys I had just sat down.
Old 11-23-2005, 10:47 PM

Default Re: BB Small Flush

Check the flop. You need both to call your bet for you to have gained. No chance you know that will happen. You should feel sick if LP raises & SB folds. You lucked out with the heart on the turn. If it doesn't hit, what would you have done?

3-bet the turn and call a cap.

As you played it, you should not 3-bet the river, IMO.
Old 11-23-2005, 10:56 PM

I'd C/R the flop. If it checks through, that's okay as you are on the draw anyway. I imagine betting out has some fold equity. I still like the C/R.

I 3-bet the turn, call a cap, then call down on that river. They are calling with something, and if the limper had K9/KT you are up against a house already.

With a 4th [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] on the river, I could see laying it down.

3-bet the turn, call a cap and C/C or Bet/call the river.
Old 11-23-2005, 10:58 PM

Forgot results, SB had Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] for the straight, and late position guy had K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], trip kings.

It just seemed like I misplayed this hand badly.
Old 11-23-2005, 11:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd C/R the flop. If it checks through, that's okay as you are on the draw anyway. I imagine betting out has some fold equity. I still like the C/R.

I 3-bet the turn, call a cap, then call down on that river. They are calling with something, and if the limper had K9/KT you are up against a house already.

With a 4th [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] on the river, I could see laying it down.

3-bet the turn, call a cap and C/C or Bet/call the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now this line I like, makes more sense than my, ill just bet whenever I feel like it method.
Old 11-23-2005, 11:06 PM

I think a flop check/raise is bad unless the bet comes from the LP & the SB calls AND they both will call your raise. Even when the stars align, the EV is thin. I think you need more than the probable flush outs to be check raising this one.
Old 11-23-2005, 11:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think a flop check/raise is bad unless the bet comes from the LP & the SB calls AND they both will call your raise. Even when the stars align, the EV is thin. I think you need more than the probable flush outs to be check raising this one.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok so check call is the way to go? Everyone has recommended checking so far. The reason I bet out was because only me and 2 others were in the hand, and one was the small blind, so I figured its worth taking a shot at stealing.

Is this thinking flawed?
Old 11-23-2005, 11:21 PM

Where else is the bet going to come from, the SB has already checked. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] If the SB calls the limpers bet, then I'd C/R for sure.

If the SB folds, it'd be a bit closer, but a C/R flop, Bet out on the turn, even unimproved, against one player NOT holding the K will most likely take down the pot.
Old 11-23-2005, 11:26 PM

You have about 35% equity at this point (chance of winning the showdown) .. or about 2 to 1 against. Thus, for every chip you put in on this round, you need your opponents to match that by at least a 2 to 1 ratio in order to profit. By betting first into 2 opponents, you are in no way going to get that on average. In fact, the maximum ratio you can achieve with 2 opponents is 2 to 1. You nead at least that.
Old 11-23-2005, 11:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If the SB folds, it'd be a bit closer, but a C/R flop, Bet out on the turn, even unimproved, against one player NOT holding the K will most likely take down the pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a lot to hope for without a read that the limper will bet without any piece of the board (or a draw that dominates yours), right? See my post above.