Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-26-2005, 11:00 PM

Default Unlucky at night?

I don't know what it is, but it seems that whenever I play during the evening hours (im on east coast) I don't do as well as during the morning. I am not sure if this is psychological, mabye physical (could be tired), or mabye there are more loose opponents online at night that stick around and make their hands. Anyone care to comment on this??

I wish I had playing statistics to back this up. I play NL but I used to notice this with Limit as well.
Old 11-26-2005, 11:25 PM

Default Re: Unlucky at night?

interesting, i have the exact opposite problem. my results are better at night. i always thought it was because weaker recreational type players play at night(im east coast too)and therefore sweeten the pots.and pros are on all day therefore making it more difficult to make money in the daytime.just my take on it.
Old 11-26-2005, 11:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
interesting, i have the exact opposite problem. my results are better at night. i always thought it was because weaker recreational type players play at night(im east coast too)and therefore sweeten the pots.and pros are on all day therefore making it more difficult to make money in the daytime.just my take on it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Interesting....what limits are you playing? I am playing low limits right now 50NL, so dont think theres any pros there. hehehe
Old 11-27-2005, 04:40 AM

It could be variance. Generally, though, if you play better in the morning it's because your brain is more alert. My brain is more alert during the evening so I function better then.