Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-21-2005, 02:26 AM

Default straight counterfeited and it\'s 2 back to me

It is a kill pot.

Hero has T7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] in the BB. 4 limpers, Hero completes, Kill poster checks.

Flop (6 SB): 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

TAG kill poster checks, Hero BETS, 2 folds, MP fish calls, LP fish calls, TAG calls.

Turn (5 BB): 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

TAG checks, Hero BETS, MP fish calls, LP fish RAISES, TAG 3-BETS, Hero...?
Old 11-21-2005, 02:28 AM

Default Re: straight counterfeited and it\'s 2 back to me

calls and expects to chop?
Old 11-21-2005, 02:29 AM

I call and go for the overcall from MP. I certainly hope you're not considering folding.
Old 11-21-2005, 02:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I call and go for the overcall from MP. I certainly hope you're not considering folding.

[/ QUOTE ]

If by "considering" you mean "thinking for a while and then mucking", then yes, i'm afraid i did do that.

Here are the reasons why:

- i don't have the nut straight.
- someone with Tx[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] is freerolling on their flush draw
- it's been raised (by a passive fish) and reraised (a check-raise from a TAG) behind me
- the *best* i can hope for is a 2-way chop, giving me 3:1 on my immediate call, but ignoring the possiblity of it being 4-bet and 5-bet behind me *plus* any river action i would have to call.

Am i still weak-tight? At what point do i consider folding?
Old 11-21-2005, 02:58 AM

If the river bricks, I don't think I can be convinced to fold this hand except for maybe calling two cold on the river a second time.
Old 11-21-2005, 03:41 AM

"- i don't have the nut straight."
OK fine. Nut peddle if you want.

"- someone with Tx[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] is freerolling on their flush draw"
...and some fish with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]x[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] is creating their own pot odds to call, essentially handing you money.

"- it's been raised (by a passive fish) and reraised (a check-raise from a TAG) behind me"
I'm not discounting the possibility that the raiser has a set. Obviously I (and why am I a TAG now?) have at least a ten to 3-bet, maybe more.

"- the *best* i can hope for is a 2-way chop, giving me 3:1 on my immediate call, but ignoring the possiblity of it being 4-bet and 5-bet behind me *plus* any river action i would have to call."
4 and 5-betting are scary here.

"Am i still weak-tight? At what point do i consider folding?"
This is probably similar to the flush hand where it was correct for you to call the entire way.

I liked how the fact that you were thinking about what to do on the turn facing a 3-bet confused everyone, including the dealer who again tried to steal your cards.
Old 11-21-2005, 02:49 PM

This is an LC reply.

[ QUOTE ]
"- it's been raised (by a passive fish) and reraised (a check-raise from a TAG) behind me"
I'm not discounting the possibility that the raiser has a set. Obviously I (and why am I a TAG now?) have at least a ten to 3-bet, maybe more.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're a TAG now because you're not drunk.

Does anyone want to levy an opinion on Slim's turn check/3-bet while holding T4o? While it did push me out of the pot this time, i think this was pretty bad.

[ QUOTE ]

I liked how the fact that you were thinking about what to do on the turn facing a 3-bet confused everyone, including the dealer who again tried to steal your cards.

[/ QUOTE ]

The action goes:

Slim: "Re-raise."

Hero: [thinks] [thinks] [pulls cards closer, checks them, pushes them back out, leaving $1 chip on top.] [continues to think.]

Dealer: [scoops Hero's initial $6 bet into the pot.] [points to chip on top of Hero's cards] "Take one dollar back". [gestures as though to remove chip and take Hero's cards.]
Old 11-21-2005, 02:56 PM

I think Slim's play on this hand was perfect. Fish could have two pair, and he wants to take his money away. Your fold is terrible, far, far, far more terrible than I could ever dream any mistake of Slim's 3bet could be.
Old 11-21-2005, 02:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Am i still weak-tight?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. There is exactly one two-card combination that beats you. Assuming the river is non-scary, I am showing this hand down.
Old 11-21-2005, 03:42 PM

...is dead to the same hand he was on the flop (QT), and since he didn't hear anything out of anybody then he assumes that he's at worst looking at a chop right now and caps to get as much dead money in as possible.