Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-21-2005, 09:34 AM

Default TPGK and Flush-Draw against Maniac

I'm at a loss here. Villain is very loose and very aggressive post-flop although I only just met him, so he could be running hot. I'm not sure about boosting the flop anymore. I think I could have 12 clean outs. But there is only one caller. After the 3bet on the turn he is obviously not scared. So I guess I'm spewing badly on the river when I hit my 2pair. Should I have just called down or am I ahead a good # of times here?

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 max, 8 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, UTG folds, Hero calls.

Flop: (8.50 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (6.25 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (12.25 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, MP2 calls.

Final Pot: 20.25 BB
Old 11-21-2005, 09:38 AM

Default Re: TPGK and Flush-Draw against Maniac

I know one thing here. I hate the turn raise. The river cap is a close second.
Old 11-21-2005, 09:38 AM

It sounds like you don't really know how loose villain is, but you do know he plays his hands aggressively. Looks like a good time for WA/WB. Check-call the flop, check-call the turn, bet-call the river.
Old 11-21-2005, 09:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Check-call the flop, check-call the turn, bet-call the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pretty much how i play it, but the bet/Call... Hmm.

I wonder why villan 3bets, then raises the flop with that we beat....

C/c to sd.
Old 11-21-2005, 10:01 AM

Anyone CR the flop? You get more bets in against big pocket pair type hands that are committing to showdown, and you have a big draw if you're behind and get three-bet.

Really don't like the turn CR or going 4 bets on the river. On the river you beat maybe AQ or KQs exactly.
Old 11-21-2005, 10:02 AM

PreFlop and Flop - ok
Turn - why are you check rasing? You are not likely to drive him out and there's a good chance you are behind. You do have 9 outs to the nut flush plus at least partial outs for your A and J to make trips or 2 pair. I'd check/call.
River - with 2 pair I think you can lead this out, to me the biggest danger is opponent holding AK which is somewhat less likely since he didn't cap preflop.
Old 11-21-2005, 10:10 AM

3-bet the flop. You've got enough equity to push this. After that I'd just call down turn and river with that board. Be more aggressive when its cheaper...
Old 11-21-2005, 10:10 AM

I'd go to war on the flop. I'd bet the turn and call a raise. Check/raise the river and call a 3-bet. I'm not sure if that's the optimal line, but that's how I tend to play maniacs. I'll go to war on the flop when I have a big hand big draw then slow it down a bit. It's a bit tougher OOP.

The river play is tough. He's representing AA/KK/AK so far. If he's a true maniac his range is obviously much larger. At first I was thinking bet/call but some maniacs tend to take it down a notch on the river, but I think he'd definitely bet if checked to, so the check/raise will prevail. Getting 3-bet on the river like that sucks, but it's not always horrible against a maniac. I don't think I'd cap without a stronger read.
Old 11-21-2005, 10:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd go to war on the flop. I'd bet the turn and call a raise. Check/raise the river and call a 3-bet. I'm not sure if that's the optimal line, but that's how I tend to play maniacs. I'll go to war on the flop when I have a big hand big draw then slow it down a bit. It's a bit tougher OOP.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like this line
Old 11-21-2005, 11:23 AM

How is this WA/WB when we have at least 9 outs on the flop and 8 on the turn?

I like 3-betting the flop.