Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-21-2005, 05:21 PM

Default Question on Twodimes.net poker calculator

There is a spot to put there for 'dead cards'. Would this be an example of a card that is accidentally flipped over during a live game or is it something else?

tia

Mav
Old 11-21-2005, 05:26 PM

Default Re: Question on Twodimes.net poker calculator

Yes.

It could also be from hands that were folded on a prior street in stud games. For example, if two players fold with fours as respective upcards on 3rd street, then I catch the case four to make kings over fours on 5th street, I want to know that two of my outs to a full house are dead. This kind of consideration is hugely important in stud.

In hold'em, my guess they (1) wanted to keep the interface the same and (2) realized that it had validity for unintentionally exposed cards.

Once I folded TT UTG because the dealer had exposed a third ten in the deal. Opinions, anyone?
Old 11-21-2005, 05:46 PM

Thx for the clarification.

UTG with 1010 knowing that one of the 2 remaining 10s have been exposed. I'd still be tempted to raise and see what shapes out on the flop. Guess that would depend on your table image, opponents tendancies, size of blinds/stacks though.
Old 11-21-2005, 07:19 PM

A good use would be to find your equity in a side pot.

Example: The pot is $10. The flop is 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. You have A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. Opponent 1 moves all-in for $10 with T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. Opponent 2 raises all-in to $20 with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. What is your equity if you call the raise for $20?

The main pot would be $40, and the side pot would be $20. You expect to get 29.7% of the main pot, and 41.4% of the side pot, for a total of $20.16.

http://twodimes.net/h/?z=1359427
pokenum -h ah kh - th 9h - ks kc -- 8h 7h 4c
Ah Kh 0.297
Th 9h 0.324
Ks Kc 0.379

http://twodimes.net/h/?z=1359430
pokenum -h ah kh - ks kc -- 8h 7h 4c / th 9h
Ah Kh 0.414
Ks Kc 0.586