Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-20-2005, 03:29 PM

Default Wild one

Too much action or was I silly to let up on the river?

7 Card Stud High-Low ($10/$20), Ante $1, Bring-In $3 (converter)

3rd Street - (0.70 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls
Hero: 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___brings-in
Seat 3: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 4: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 5: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 7: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 8: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds

4th Street - (1.60 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___raises___calls
Hero: 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___bets___raises
Seat 3: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___raises___calls

5th Street - (6.80 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___raises___raises
Hero: 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets___raises___calls
Seat 3: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls___calls___calls

6th Street - (18.80 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___raises___raises
Hero: 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___bets___raises___calls
Seat 3: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls___calls___calls

River - (30.80 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] xx___raises
Hero: 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets___calls
Seat 3: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] xx___calls___calls

Total pot: (36.80 BB)
Old 11-20-2005, 09:04 PM

Default Re: Wild one

This is tough, it certinaly seems like you and the one seat are jamming the three seat but its tough to imagine what the three seat is betting 4th/calling down with. If I knew the three seat was bad and the one seat was good, I would play it that same, but if the three seat is even close to decent I think pocket KK is a real possiblity but that makes almost no sense at all because he is playing the hand sooo passive against your transparent 222. It would also REALLY suck is the one seat had rolled 333. In conclusion, I have no idea what I am talking about but I really like the way you played it.
Old 11-20-2005, 11:45 PM

I play it about the same, I think. I would slow down a lot sooner if I had any respect for the 7K guy though.
Old 11-21-2005, 04:06 AM

If you paired your door card and have constantly raised it and are constantly getting reraised, wouldn't you worry about him being rolled up. Just like your having 3 deuces, he can have 3 3's. it's not that impossible. He is not blind. He can see your hand.
Old 11-21-2005, 04:35 AM

Everybody in the room knows you have pocket deuces.Seat 1 is a lot more likely to have 2 wheel cards in the hole than rolled 3's,but,of course,he could have'em.It's seat 3 you need to be worried about.If seat 3 has 3 K's,he's playing it fine.It's getting capped on every round.What else could he ask for?At showtime,if seat 3 is a bad player,you win,(Hopefully.Seat 1 could show you trips or a straight,too.)
Old 11-21-2005, 10:32 AM

Default Results

Seat 7 I did not really have a lot of respect for. It saddened me when he left. I really could not put him on anything that scared me with how he was playing.

Seat 3 I did not really consider rolled up too much, probably because he limped on 3d. The 2 and 7 on his board made me happy and bold.

3 and I chopped this while 7 was just donating in a spectacular fashion. (I don't remember what he had, but it was pretty bad.)