Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-18-2005, 12:41 AM

Default Two hands vs. the same player, party 3/6

This guy might be a 2p2er. I was giving him some trash and told him I liked a a play of his and he tried to hush me up. Either way he seems reasonably solid going into this first hand.

We're 5 handed.

I'm in the SB with K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

UTG limps, he's like 90/10 and a bad calling station. Button limps, he's not memorable.

I raise, BB (our villan/potential 2p2er) calls. UTG calls.

Flop is K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

I bet, BB calls, UTG calls.

Turn is the J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

I bet BB raises, UTG folds, I 3-bet, He caps and I call planning for the board to pair and suck out on his T9.

Board is the 5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] He bets I call.

I'm including results here, because it explains the second hand, and it really effected my thinking in a weird way.

In white:

<font color="white">He shows K8s, MHIG </font>

Next hand, pretty soon after this one. Bad guy is now UTG, I'm in the BB with Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

He raises, calling station from earlier calls, folded to me, I 3bet, he calls, other guy calls.

Flop is 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

I bet, villan raises, donk calls 2 cold, I 3-bet, he caps, donk calls, I call thinking the following:

"His read on me should be that I'm pretty solid if not a little weak, he seems solid, is he really going nuts here with a hand I beat".

Turn is the T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

I check thinking "check with outs"

UTG checks, donk checks.

River is 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

I check, UTG bets, donk calls, I call.
Old 11-18-2005, 12:50 AM

Default Re: Two hands vs. the same player, party 3/6

i dont really know what the point of the first hand is other than that you wanted to display that the opponent is very aggresisve. i think you played hand 1 well and a different river line doesnt seem plausible since more sane opponents are going to have the straight after capping the turn. you need to be ahead about 66% of the time to take another line on the river.

in hand 2 i like the turn check. the board is brutal and its very possible youre behind. id rather not bet, have villain raise and knock out the other player when im behind and drawing and the villain adds to my equity by staying into the pot. you could also easily be behind of the caller at this point and your Qc isnt necessarily even good. i like the check call.

you missed a brutally easy river bet imo but were fortunate enough that UTG bet it for you. after he bets i actually think you have value in a checkraise, but its close. i call a 3bet by the villain btw.
Old 11-18-2005, 12:57 AM

Intersting. I actually disliked my play a lot more in the first hand than in the second. T9s felt like an awfully specific read in that spot.
Old 11-18-2005, 03:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Intersting. I actually disliked my play a lot more in the first hand than in the second. T9s felt like an awfully specific read in that spot.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's fuzzier than you might think, but you were statistically correct. Even though you have 2 of the Ks, There are still 3 KJ combos and 3 JJ combos vs. 16 T9 combos. Thus, seeing a cheap showdown UI is the correct play. Of course even donks raise JJ, so maybe you can be a little more certain of T9.
Old 11-18-2005, 01:10 AM

Hand one is perfect imo but in hand two after the turn is checked through I would bet and since I didn't I would check/raise for value.
Old 11-18-2005, 01:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hand one is perfect imo but in hand two after the turn is checked through I would bet and since I didn't I would check/raise for value.

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree completly. I'd lead out, but if I checked for whatever reason, it seems like a great chance to trap them both for two bets.
Old 11-18-2005, 01:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]