Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2005, 03:40 AM

Default 4$ challenge

i hit a good stride, and went up 450 in three days.
then i hit a bad stride, and lost all but a hundred of that, it happens, and i play mostly to get better, and donot live off my earnings.
I decided i needed a poker break, clear the mind tilt, come back fresh, so i withdrew all but for 4 dollars on AP and figured i would play a couple sit-n-gos, which i suck at, and come back in a week. had a appointment, i started before the office opened up

the only sit-n-go i played 2$+.20 i think, i won.
then i lost all 4 dollars of that playing .10/.20 limit, which i found harder than the 2/4$ LH

long story short .10nl
minimun buy in is 4$, and i think i had 4.82
4 became 8, 8 became 16, 16 became 32, 32 became 64
for a grand total of 75 dollars, in about 7 hours because i didnt work last night.
ever time i made 12 on the table i would switch tables, and then start over with 4 dollars. and it was fun, and no stress, because the most i could get took for was 4$.

noone cusses anyone, people laughed off the bad beats, people were impressed with bluffs when you showed them.

here were my rules:
i could only raise if i was raised pre flop holding kk or aa
and i wouldnot raise with anything but kk or aa
i could only chase runner runner for a minum bet of .10
and i would call with every suited ace for the min bet.

i only lost the 4$ buy in twice, once when my str8 never came, and i allin-it for an additonal 2.50, and got called
and another when my Qhigh flush met a Ahigh flush

wanna shake off your bad beats, try my challenge, see if you can beat 10$hr @ .10nl
Old 11-16-2005, 03:43 AM

Default Re: 4$ challenge

you could win a lot more by expanding your range to any pocket and pushing whenever you hit a set
Old 11-16-2005, 03:58 AM

true,

and i thought that, but the game was way to soft, and i really just wanted to challenge myself.
i purposly didnt go up a level after wining 50, trying to work on a post flop game, concealing my hand and getting more action
one turn gave me a str8 flush, and i let it get checked to me and made a mini bet of .10 to which noone called.

also to further complicate me winning i showed every hand, bluff or not. allowing alot of internet reading...lol
Old 11-16-2005, 04:07 AM

Maybe I'm out of line here, but I think there is much that you might be able to learn from these microlimits while still "having fun" with 4 bucks. Maybe if you play a solid game you'll pick up something you can use at higher limits, or even make more than $75bucks at $4NL. Good luck
Old 11-16-2005, 04:20 AM

i have the problem of when i when big i play a helluva lot more loose.
ive only been playing about 4months total, and NL for 2, so i need to get the emotion side right, and slow down sometimes, thats why i messed around with this. i spend alot of time reading, cause i a hughe bookworm, and trying to applying the lessons, and i agree this is a very inexpensive why to learn

thanks
Old 11-17-2005, 04:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i have the problem of when i when big i play a helluva lot more loose.
ive only been playing about 4months total, and NL for 2, so i need to get the emotion side right, and slow down sometimes, thats why i messed around with this. i spend alot of time reading, cause i a hughe bookworm, and trying to applying the lessons, and i agree this is a very .inexpensive why to learn

thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

you sure you a huge bookwhorm?
Old 11-17-2005, 05:02 AM

i tried the $20 challenge and played the .05/.10 cent tables. I deposited $20 months ago, and I have the bankroll for .25/.50 now. I doubt I am making 100BB per hour, but I played for an average of 4 - 5hours a day, taking a couple days off here and there. It's fun, and I still play at .10/.25 mostly until I get comfortable while trying to adopt a new playing style
Old 11-17-2005, 08:39 AM

never said i could spell....lol

i wrecked my ankle and knee in a bike accident (4 operations), and got carpol tunnel from being a mechinac (2 operations), so all the basketball, and weightlifting quickly became book reading,

but i read 2-4 books a week, and type very poorly