Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2005, 04:21 PM

Default TPTK OOP vs action

Stars 50nl 6-max

UTG is really passive and hates folding preflop. Button is loose/aggressive and capable of making moves. I don't think he is 3-betting preflop with anything so his range includes AA/KK (typically) but he could 3-bet here to isolate the short stack. There is a good chance could have a really wide range of hands (pp's/suited connectors) and is just looking to play a big pot.

Relevant stacks:
UTG ($9.45)
Button ($92.90)
Hero in BB ($65.10)

Hero has A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

UTG calls, folds to button who raises to $1.50, folds to Hero who re-raises to $7, UTG calls, Button calls

Flop is Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Hero bets $15, UTG calls ($2.45), Button raises $70.90 to $85.90 (all-in), Hero...

So basically villains range is (maybe) AA,KK,QQ since he might re-raise preflop with AA,KK to isolate and statistically him having the case QQ is unlikely. Him having 99/22 is possible but I don't know if he would call that raise in an attempt to spike a set. It is also posible he has AKs, JTs, or some other straight/flush combination.

Is this an obvious call or an obvious fold? I was kind of lost. Does everybody re-raise preflop? Bet more on the flop?
Old 11-14-2005, 04:23 PM

Default Re: TPTK OOP vs action

I just call PF.
Old 11-14-2005, 04:33 PM

He has either 99, TJs, or is foolish.

Either way, fold. TPTK is rarely good here.
Old 11-14-2005, 04:53 PM

AQo in bad position is a tough hand. As played, I don't see button pushing with QQ-AA, those hands would probally try to milk you. Most likley your up against some sort of SFD or Q9.Q9 has you crushed, and your about even to the best draws. Your read has to be the determining factor, if i had seen him make moves like this prior, I would call.

Actually looking at the stack sizes, it doesn't seem like much of an overbet. Makes that overpair or set more likely. Fold and note what he made his move with.
Old 11-14-2005, 05:01 PM

He's loose agressive and he raised on the button....seriously his hand range is any two. I think he's got the flush draw more often than anything else. I think he could have a worse queen like QJ QT, KQ. I probably call here...if he's got me then he's got me but I think the probability of a flush draw semi-bluffing from this guy or a worse queen are just too good to fold here.

FWIW, there is no way i'm reraising from the SB here....i'd try a little deception and make an effort to play a small pot OOP instead of a ridiculously bloated one.