Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-13-2005, 07:56 PM

Default ran away my customers? right move?

please note both these players call almost any raise with any two cards example: 10 2 off and 8,5

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (5 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Hero ($25.30)
Button ($18.20)
SB ($23.45)
BB ($14.75)
UTG ($69.50)

Preflop: Hero is MP with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $1.25</font>, Button calls $1.25, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls $1.

Flop: ($3.85) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $1.75</font>, Button folds, BB folds.

Final Pot: $5.60
Old 11-13-2005, 07:58 PM

Default Re: ran away my customers? right move?

Pot that flop, too bad neither of them had anything. POT FLOP
Old 11-13-2005, 07:58 PM

Bet more on the flop.
Old 11-14-2005, 09:52 AM

When someone raises preflop and then makes a small bet like that, It makes me more cautious then a 2/3 to full pot bet.

Secondly, no one had the other king, a set, an PP like 99 or TT here or a flush draw. Hence you got no action.
Better just to take it rather then check it down and 2 spades, or two runners like an 8 then a 6.
Old 11-14-2005, 09:55 AM

Sometimes this happens, and I too wonder if there was any way of getting more money out of the villians, but if they have nothing, they have nothing.

Interesting point about the smaller bet arousing suspicion, so I guess $2.50 would be better here.
Old 11-14-2005, 09:57 AM

I agree, it's MUCH better to pick a standard bet range in NL, and just bet that 90% of the time than to try to skew the bet to match the probability of you winning (i.e. shading a bet when you have a sinch, betting more when you are drawing). If you play with shades, you are playing predictably. And although I know what the quality of your opposition is like at limits like that, remember that they can teach 6 year olds how to recognize patterns in kindergarden.

The players I've learned from bet 2/3rds to 3/4ths pot in pretty much most spots, and they are all quite successful, I suggest the same.
Old 11-14-2005, 10:39 AM

Probably (well, certainly) a newbie question here, but why not check the flop and pot the turn? Is your read that they are passive post flop?
Old 11-14-2005, 10:41 AM

pot it, if they call 1/2 pot they will call full pot (calling stations, loose-passive, people who call anything pre-flop dont pay attention to bet sizes postflop)

you just got unlucky because one guy has JTo and the other has 42o

just bet pot so when they do call you feel good about it
Old 11-14-2005, 10:46 AM

any time someone changes up their normal pattern it makes me nervous....that could have happened here...always bet your standard amount.

The main issue I think is that your opponents didn't have anything...if they don't have anything you won't win anything, it's that simple.
Old 11-14-2005, 10:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Probably (well, certainly) a newbie question here, but why not check the flop and pot the turn? Is your read that they are passive post flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

With the loose players that the OP states, you don't want to give a free card to a to a flush draw.

You have to think about some metagame aspects here. You have the bet the same way no matter what. It is at least a 3/4 or full pot bet. You have to show the same line to make money on a missed AQ hand. If you take the tactic of varying your Flop bet ala Keller-style you have to be playing against observent opponents. At this level on the net you don't have to worry about that too much.

-Gryph