Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-11-2005, 04:42 PM

Default Standard River Fold?

Villain is 35/10/ 2.8 after only 80 hands.

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is CO with 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (4.25 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (6.25 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 7.25 BB
Old 11-11-2005, 05:15 PM

Default Re: Standard River Fold?

I always call this, but I think it might be a leak. He's 3-betting pocket pairs and Aces preflop and I doubt he fires the last bullet on the river with a pocket pair because he should know that you won't call with a busted flush, but might bluff if he checks. I need to re-evaluate my play because I think a fold here should be fairly standard.
Old 11-11-2005, 05:16 PM

If you were going to fold the river why would you call the turn? If you think he has you beat, you are drawing dead on the turn.

You are calling the turn in hopes that he will check the river, and then you can bet to which he will most likely fold?
Old 11-11-2005, 05:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you were going to fold the river why would you call the turn? If you think he has you beat, you are drawing dead on the turn.

You are calling the turn in hopes that he will check the river, and then you can bet to which he will most likely fold?

[/ QUOTE ]

You must call this turn because a PP will fire again on the turn but normally give up on the river, I think.
Old 11-11-2005, 05:21 PM

yup my thoughts were pretty much what you said. The only problem, IMO, is that I only had 80 hands on this guy and there are donks that will bet a lower pocket pair on the river here every so often or fire a 3rd barrel. Against a solid player I think it's a clear fold. I'm not sure in this spot with my sketchy read.
Old 11-11-2005, 05:26 PM

Hi Lmnd, I just wanted to say hi!
Old 11-11-2005, 05:26 PM

hi. Do you have a crush on me?
Old 11-11-2005, 05:27 PM

btw im also not a fan of the river fold at all. the opponent isnt going to be checking this river after he bet the turn enough times to make a turn call river fold profitable. weak hands are going to follow through often enough that you are going to be bleeding chips with the turn call.

having said that i dont like a turn fold either and i prefer calling both streets.
Old 11-11-2005, 05:28 PM

At best, the deck holds three 9s, two Ks and an A going to the river. But if he holds the A (a good candidate for 3bet PF), you draw dead. I call this, though, down because he'll always 3bet PP from the BB and as long as you're just calling he'll keep firing. But I haven't Pokerstoved his range. You don't think you're good here 13% of the time?
Old 11-11-2005, 05:30 PM

you agree that if I had a better read that he was solid it's a fold, right?