Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-12-2005, 01:10 PM

Default Serious Question for the \"Bush Bashers

What would you like done to/with GWB?

What happens if/when your wish comes true?

OK, that’s two questions. Shoot me.
Old 11-12-2005, 01:23 PM

Default Serious Answers

What can be done? He's the president. I hope he does things that are good for the country. I see some Republicans are saying he needs to get some fresh blood in the White House, that he has too many yes-men. Don't know if that's true or not.
Old 11-12-2005, 01:27 PM

Default Re: Serious Question for the \"Bush Bashers

I'm not sure how much I would like the idea of him leaving office. I don't think I would want Cheney in charge of everything.

I hope he either fixes his own mistakes, or congress makes him a lame duck president.

Melch
Old 11-12-2005, 01:28 PM

I don't understand your question. Are you asking if we want some actual physical or psychological harm to befall him?
Personally, I just want him to stop screwing things up, or proposing things that will screw things up.
Old 11-12-2005, 01:59 PM

Default Re: Serious Answers

[ QUOTE ]
What can be done? He's the president.

[/ QUOTE ]

He could be forced or convinced to resign.

He could be impeached.
Old 11-12-2005, 02:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I hope he either fixes his own mistakes, or congress makes him a lame duck president.

[/ QUOTE ]

He’s not admitting to mistakes. Congress doesn’t make him a lame duck. When he was reelected he became one.
Old 11-12-2005, 02:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't understand your question. Are you asking if we want some actual physical or psychological harm to befall him?
Personally, I just want him to stop screwing things up, or proposing things that will screw things up.

[/ QUOTE ]

I’m overwhelmed here, on TV, in the newspapers, on ‘net sites, with "He did this; They did that; Why wasn't/didn't...; He/she knew…; etc., etc."

I’ll assume, for discussion, all the “bashers” are right. They can prove everything they say. Now what?

The only way I see his detractors getting him to “stop screwing things up or proposing things that will screw things up,” is for him to remove himself or be removed from office.
Old 11-12-2005, 02:52 PM

If the "bashers" are right about intentionally misleading/miscrunstruing prewar evidence then impeachment is the only way to go (assuming that the most extreme of the allegations are correct). This would almost def extend to cheney and who knows else in the admisistration.

Nothing i have seen about his personality makes me think he would resign, unless actually faced with an ironclad impeachment case.
Old 11-12-2005, 03:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If the "bashers" are right about intentionally misleading/miscrunstruing prewar evidence then impeachment is the only way to go (assuming that the most extreme of the allegations are correct). This would almost def extend to cheney and who knows else in the admisistration.

Nothing i have seen about his personality makes me think he would resign, unless actually faced with an ironclad impeachment case.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have, for discussion, assumed his detractors are correct. In which case you vote for impeachment. I'll also forgo the probabality that the impeachment process would take more than 18 mos. or so.

Now what happens? Where do we go from there?

I disagree that he couldn't be convinced to resign.
Old 11-12-2005, 04:42 PM

What do you mean where do we go from there? Who ever is next in line takes over, and we have an election in a year or two.